saoxsaox Member Posts: 105
Does this mod work for IWD:EE? :)

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I doubt it.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    edited November 2014
    @saox

What's so special about that mod? Is it really good, or?
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 105
    Yes :). Adds a lot of really cool stuff!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Unfourtunately it is not a very compatibility-friendly mod. It even used to break dalekeeper compatibility of the saved games, so I doubt it is compatible with iwd:ee.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    If you still have or play the original IWD then I *highly* recommend Auril's Bane. Sadly, I concur with @decado‌ that AB is not compatible with IWDEE. I suppose some work could turn it into an EE-friendly mod but the odds are against that ever happening.
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 105
    :( anyone knows how to contact its author and ask for a favor? :p
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Grog hasn't been around for quite a while. For a while I worked with him on some improvements to the mod. But I also no longer have time to dedicate to modding in EE for either AB or my own mod.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited November 2014
    I took a look at it a while back and it fixes a bunch of stuff by overwriting game files it probably shouldn't do that for IWDEE . It's meant to fix the original IWD.
    That's the fixes component. AB core files adds a few quests, a lot of new spells, items and even some kits (under the form of saved characters). There are also some changes to mage schools and some restorations (The Voice quest and several creature fixes, like True Dragon Icasaracht and Yxunomei restoration which brings back her vanilla pre-HOW stats).
    My mod was built starting from the fixes components without the AB core files, but I no longer have the time to translate it to EE.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    there isn't much mod for iwd, aside of weapon upgrade unfinished business and AB, actually AB is 2 mods that has been merged in one. It is really cool, hope we can get it working on EE.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    AB won't be for EE. I'll probably take some of my items from that mod and put them in a item/store mod.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

AB won't be for EE. I'll probably take some of my items from that mod and put them in a item/store mod.

I really liked your weapons and armor packs for BGEE

there isn't much mod for iwd, aside of weapon upgrade unfinished business and AB, actually AB is 2 mods that has been merged in one. It is really cool, hope we can get it working on EE.

Well, my mod focused on fixing and tweaking items and creatures. Adding extra items was also a feature. Nothing overpowering like weapon upgrade does, but with some nice stories behind them.

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607

I really liked your weapons and armor packs for BGEE

Thanks