Skip to content

Icewind Dale variables

moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
I'm playing a game of IWD and have come up against a slight problem in that Lysan the Aurelite Priestess is not showing up in her cave in order for me to be able to kill her for Kressilack.

I've gone through the usual fixes. I've double checked that I have agreed to kill her for Kressilack (I didn't choose the ambiguous answer). I spoke with her in the inn previously and she is now not there.

Does anyone know the variable which will allow me to kick this quest off? I'll be editing the game with DaleKeeper.

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Speaking with Kresselack will set "Kress_Quest" to a value of 3. Lysan's script, vlysan.bcs, has her being hidden until Kress_Quest = 3 so she should already be visible when you enter that area. Curious....but I think I might see what the problem is. As I look at lysan.cre, it says her script name is "lysan" but there *is* no such script file--the script that should be in use is vslysan.bcs. If you have NearInfinity trying correcting lysan.cre to point to the correct script and that should fix it.
    It is strange that she isn't showing up, I admit, since you have done everything in the correct order. It might also be possible to create a script for the area, 3001, so that it checks the value of Kress_Quest and if it equals 3 then it creates Lysan but fixing her .cre in NI would be more straightforward.

Let me know how it works out.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Thanks for confirming I'm not mad.

Kress_Quest was set to 3 so no issue there. I have no experience with NI so will need to take a look and see if I can make sense of it. The creation of scripts is again nothing I have any experience with.
    NI is a very easy tool to use; there should be instructions about how to download it and where to install it in the Modding forum. Scripting can be daunting at first but once you look at a few scripts via NI and you familiarize yourself with all the various triggers and actions (you can view there here at the Infinity Engine Structures Description Project via Gibberlings III http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/main.htm) it turns out not to be overly difficult.

For example, if I wanted to apply a fix to the area I would make a blank AR3001.bcs file and say

IF
    OnCreation()
    Global("Kress_Quest","GLOBAL",3)
    CreatureHidden("Lysan")
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ActionOverride("Lysan",HideCreature("Myself",FALSE))
    END

and this should force her into becoming visible after taking the quest from Kresselack.

The "CreatureHidden" trigger may return false so removing it should always force Lysan to appear once the variable has a value of 3. If, for some truly bizarre reason, Lysan is not in this area at all then the script could be edited to include the following action:
    CreateCreature("Lysan",[474.402],0)
    which will put a new version of Lysan at her default location.
    I should probably add I am using the Icewind Dale in BG 2 mod (http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=155). Other folks seem to have got past this step so it must be an issue with my install. Going to raise a bug report on those forums as well.

Scanning through the Lysan.cre files there seem to be three, one Lysanbar entry which is self-evident and two others. I wonder if it has simply confused itself somewhere along the way.

Appreciate the help though, I'll likely install NI just for the hell of it. Always good to get to grips with editing software.
    It never occurred to me to ask if you had any mods installed given that I don't use other people's mods, only my own. Yes, definitely get NI--coupled with DLTCEP and WeiDU (which I am slowly learning--my first attempt failed miserably but the second one went through just fine) they are the only tools you will need.
  • ChadChad Member Posts: 90
    Hi there... I am actually playing Icewind Dale in the BG2 engine with Unfinished Business and BG Tweaks installed and I have this same issue. I tried to upload the VSLYSAN.BCS script but the file type is not allowed so I have pasted it here. Would it be possible for anyone to help me with this and determine if there is a fix to get Lysan to show up? Thanks!
    IF
    !Global("#save_loc_init","LOCALS",1)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("#save_loc_init","LOCALS",1)
    SaveObjectLocation("LOCALS","#saved_loc",Myself)
    Continue()
    END

IF
    !Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADLYSAN","GLOBAL",0)
    !StateCheck(Myself,STATE_REALLY_DEAD)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    DestroySelf()
    END

IF
    !Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    !Global("MAP_GROUP_HOSTILE1","MYAREA",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Enemy()
    Continue()
    END

IF
    Global("opened_boxes","LOCALS",0)
    Global("KRESS_QUEST","GLOBAL",3)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Unlock("BOX1")
    Unlock("BOX2")
    Unlock("BOX3")
    Unlock("BOX4")
    SetGlobal("opens_boxes","LOCALS",1)
    Continue()
    END

IF
    Global("MAP_GROUP_HOSTILE1","MYAREA",0)
    IsActive(Myself)
    See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("MAP_GROUP_HOSTILE1","MYAREA",1)
    Continue()
    END

IF
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Enemy()
    Continue()
    END

IF
    !IsActive(Myself)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    NoAction()
    END

IF
    HaveSpell(CLERIC_BLESS)
    HPPercentLT(Myself,75)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Spell(Myself,CLERIC_BLESS)
    Wait(2)
    Continue()
    END

IF
    Global("MAP_GROUP_HOSTILE1","MYAREA",0)
    AttackedBy([GOODCUTOFF],DEFAULT)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Enemy()
    Continue()
    END

IF
    HaveSpell(CLERIC_SILENCE_15_FOOT)
    OR(9)
    See([PC.0.0.CLERIC_MAGE])
    See([PC.0.0.CLERIC_THIEF])
    See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_CLERIC])
    See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_MAGE])
    See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC])
    See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF])
    See([PC.0.0.CLERIC_RANGER])
    See([PC.0.0.MAGE])
    See([PC.0.0.CLERIC])
    !StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_SILENCED)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_SILENCE_15_FOOT)
    Wait(2)
    END

IF
    HaveSpell(CLERIC_CHARM_PERSON)
    OR(2)
    See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER])
    !StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_CHARMED)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_CHARM_PERSON)
    Wait(2)
    END

IF
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Help()
    AttackReevaluate(LastSeenBy(Myself),75)
    END

IF
    AttackedBy(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),DEFAULT)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    FaceObject(LastAttackerOf(Myself))
    Continue()
    END

IF
    NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
    IsActive(Myself)
    See([PC])
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    StartCutSceneMode()
    ClearAllActions()
    MultiPlayerSync()
    StartDialogueNoSet([PC])
    END

IF
    ActionListEmpty()
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveToSavedLocationn("#saved_loc","LOCALS")
    END

IF
    Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    ActionListEmpty()
    !See([PC])
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveToObject(Player1)
    END
    edited January 2014
    As per the G3 forums spawning her directly seemed to work for me.

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("#3001h6")

Also for uploading scripts - zip the file first.
    ok, will give that a shot. I read on the G3 forums, but did not see this suggestion, must have done a bad search. thanks!
    Hope it works for you - I did run the other console scripts recommended on the G3 forums which didn't seem to work - however perhaps they would all need to be run in order for variables to be set correctly for when she is spawned. Let me know how it goes.
    Hi again, that did work and thanks again! However, after completing the temple of the forgotten god and grabbing the vial of mysterious liquid (and clicking on the pedestal) I go back to Kuldahar and Arundel is still telling me I need to go to the temple of the forgotten god. Starting to think there is a bigger issue with my install as it appears flags are not being set or recognized properly... Got any advice or information on how I can look at the flags in the game to troubleshoot and (hopefully) try to correct these issues?
    Afraid not, I had pretty much abandoned my game before I found that fix and didn't really progress with it much afterwards. I know I didn't complete the Temple.
  • So, I've encountered a bug in Dorn's Deep

After doing the puzzle room, standing on the required places and getting the text in the chat window about hearing things click after each time, returned upstairs to the statue, tugged on his arm, text scrolled about hearing something again, but the floor downstairs is the same, and there isn't anything to click, as far as the statues in either room, and everyone else seems to say that the floor should already be a stair case, I was wondering if anyone knows the Global Variable that could nudge this along? I've been scouring the forums, and the eekeeper, and even tried NI. I think i noticed one variable that says something similar to Puzzle_A_Disabled 0 and Puzzle_B_Disabled 0. yet trying to figure out a) if that's even the right variable, b) what value i'd enter to make things right, and c) how i'd articulate that on the cluaconsole.
    Thanks in advance
  • Okay maybe not a bug, more likely i'm clittety click too fast things... lol