Skip to content

Valygar not in his cabin

When I first tried out the Planar Sphere quest during Chapter 2, I found it to be too hard, so I dropped Valygar and thought I'd do it later on. But now he's not in his cabin (and not anywhere in Umar Hills that I can see). I'm at Chapter 6 now, so I wonder if the quest is unavailable when trying to do it at this stage? Or might he be somewhere else and where in that case. It's a bit annoying as I would like to do the quest in itself - and also get the items needed for Crom Faeyr.

Comments

• DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    Have you visited his house in the Docks and found the tax notice?
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    If you told him to "wait here" then he should still be where you left him. You might have done that by accident, try checking where you dismissed him.
  • arkngtarkngt Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2014
    I'll check that, DetectiveMittens. Honestly, I can't remember exactly how I left it off as I reloaded from an earlier save after finding the Planar Sphere too hard. I thought I removed him from the group and he said that he would be in his cabin, but perhaps I reloaded from an earlier save. Can't find anything about it in either the current quest list or done quests (obviously, as I haven't finished it either way).

EDIT: Yes, he was upstairs in his house in the Docks. Thanks for the tip. I shouldn't rely on walk throughs so much...
    Post edited by arkngt on
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Just a side-note, but if you've already opened the sphere I don't think you need Valygar to finish it.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606

Just a side-note, but if you've already opened the sphere I don't think you need Valygar to finish it.

Good point, you do not. You only need him to open the front door.
  • arkngtarkngt Member Posts: 20
    Right, thanks, I might do that the next time. He was pretty useless during the quest anyway, plus I don't find him that entertaining either.
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    Also, he doesn't need to be alive.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    pixie359 said:

Also, he doesn't need to be alive.

Classic answer for a person with Grumpy Cat as their avatar, lol
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    Hey, if he'd had a tin of tuna in that shack it could have all ended very differently.