Skip to content

Is Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition worth it for someone who owns the complete edition?

I was thinking of purchasing this - I spent about 1000 hours playing the Baldur's Gate re-releases. But I also already have Icewind Dale complete off of gog and am pretty reluctant to purchase it seeing as how it hasn't been out that long and might possibly be buggy. Does it run smooth on Windows 7? Would you say it's worth it for someone who already owns the complete edition?

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    My personal opinion, as someone who owns the complete edition from GOG, is that the Enhanced Edition is worth it for the zoom feature, the added and new kits, and the various other mods included, (meaning I don't have to bother with installing as many as I did before), etc.
    I say pull the trigger. This is their smoothest release yet.
  • jimmysdabestcopjimmysdabestcop Member Posts: 74
    Plus the Fall Steam sale is real soon so I am sure there will be a 25-75% discount at some point.
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited November 2014
    Thanks guys. Now I will definitely be getting it at some point. The question now is when. I just finished the BG games and am currently playing through the old Fallout games, so when I finish these, I will probably be ready for some more AD&D computer role-playing goodness, and IWDEE has my attention.
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654

Plus the Fall Steam sale is real soon so I am sure there will be a 25-75% discount at some point.

I won't be getting it on Steam, I will probably want it for my Beamdog launcher. BGEE 2 is the only game on there and it is so lonely by itself (I have the first BGEE on Steam). :)

I would also be very surprised if there is a 50% sale this soon but I do agree that there will be one at some point.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    If you haven't seen it yet, here is a poll made by a person with similar problem as you. The results give pretty clear view =]

Yeah, that's what I am hoping for ;) Though most likely I will keep waiting till Winter Sale, because I will have exams in meantime, there will be chance for higher discount and I am doing BG saga run now anyway =D