Skip to content

How to keep 2 installations of BGEE, BG2EE, and IWDEE in sync

I use to play BGEE, BG2EE, and IWDEE on two machines. While it's easy to keep the save files in sync between the machines (rsync is your friend, and all save files are in one directory) it's not that easy to keep the game itself and all mods synchronized without installing each mod in the same order on the second machine.

The question is: Which files and folders are to be synchronized between two machines in order to have the same gameplay on both machines?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited November 2014
    Basically, dialog.tlk (for mods that add/edit written content) and all the contents in override folder. (which can get pretty big and messy with serious mods like scs)
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    lunar said:

Basically, dialog.tlk (for mods that add/edit written content) and all the contents in override folder. (which can get pretty big and messy with serious mods like scs)

Big is no problem; rsync (command line utility on osx and linux) efficiently takes care of big . If it's only one file and one folder the sync is fairly easy. Thanks for the info.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    There are like thousands of files in override after a full installation of scs. They are not big in size, but they are numerous. Hope it helps. I transfer all the contents in override folder from my pc version to Ipad version of the game, and this keeps two games perfectly identical. (I don't mess with dialog.tlk, don't have the scs components that mess with it)