Skip to content

Appreciation for the Screenshot feature

SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
I've come to believe that one of the very best (and perhaps underappreciated) "enhancements" of the EEs is the ability to take screenshots during gameplay.

Like a lot of people here, I had initially used this feature to highlight uniquely funny and/or unusual events that happened in my playthroughs, or as a means to better illustrate bugs. However, I now use this feature to keep a virtual "scrapbook" of my adventures. Previously, once I had completed a BG playthrough, I was left with only faded memories of my adventure, and I could only quench my desire to relive it by starting a new one. Now, I can better appreciate my individual adventures by browsing through my "scrapbook" and reminiscing to myself about my experience. I've taken over a thousand screenshots related to just a single playthrough!

I also love whenever I chunk an enemy, to repeatedly tap the "Print screen" button to create multiple screenshots as the pieces fly. Then I scroll through the shots - it's like watching a slow-motion replay of the chunking!

Anyone else here share the same unhealthy obsession with the screenshot feature that I do?

elminsterCahirVasculioJuliusBorisovJLee

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You can take screenshots via Print Screen in the original games too. They show up in a ScrnShot folder located in the same directory as the game executables.
    elminsterTressetNonnahswriterJuliusBorisov
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Jalily said:

You can take screenshots via Print Screen in the original games too. They show up in a ScrnShot folder located in the same directory as the game executables.

Shhhhh! we finally had one!
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I think people should try it... i forget to take shots of my playthroughs
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I've used it while beta testing. Very good feature.