Skip to content

Unable to unpause during cutscenes on iOS

WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
So I'm on the final level of dragons eye and the snake with the pet humans wants to talk to me but just before the UI disappeared I paused the game and now I can't unpause it and it's paused before he initiated dialogue!

I think this is an issue in Bg1 and 2 as well. Or did I miss something?

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Some of these same issues have been reported in the past with zoning out and/or opening other UI elements (Such as the map) at just the right time.

With iDevices not supporting a BT Keyboard, once that interface disappears from your screen (or grays out) there's no way to trigger the game to either display the UI or continue on. Larger than iDevices, the entire reason why the UI disappears is so that you do not get to pause or interrupt a cutscene...thus if you can "stop" the game right at the point a cut-scene starts (and the UI disappears) there's just not much of a way of handling it. Unlike modern games, cut-scenes in this game are not movies...they're scripted actions that take control of the character and make them do specific things (pause for 3 seconds, walk left to a certain point, turn right, walk forward to a certain point, and talk to person X).

This is definitely a "race condition" of sorts, but has always been a problem to reproduce since the timing must be EXACTLY right on pausing vs. when the cut scene starts.

If you know of a way to CONSISTENTLY reproduce this at some point in the game, please let us know (if it requires something more than twitching at exactly the right second) where or upload a saved game with an explanation of how to reproduce and we can look at it and get it on the radar.

Otherwise, I'm suspecting this will remain a known and very rare issue.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I'm pretty should it's reproduceable via autopause in some places but I can't think where.

I don't find it that rare, it seems to happen to me at least once on any given play through.