Skip to content

IWD: EE - Scrolling areas with full screen mode off (Windows)

I posted this in the IWD EE discussion forum (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37440/scrolling-through-areas-in-iwd-ee-for-ms-surface#latest) and then realized that this is probably the better place for it.

I'm having issues trying to explore areas when turning off full screen mode in the graphics options. I've played through the PC versions of BG EE and BG2 EE on my Surface Pro 3 by changing the graphics option to full screen and using the stylus to hover over the edge of they playing window and this allowed me to scroll through the area. This is necessary on the Surface because in full screen mode the resolution gets all out of wack and you can only see the upper left section of the playing window with the rest of it cut off. However, IWD EE isn't working for me the same way. When full screen mode is turned off and I try to hover over the edge of the playing window I don't see the rotating arrow for scrolling through the area and I'm subsequently not move the viewable area.

Is this a bug? I'm guessing it is because I installed IWD EE on my PC and scrolling through the viewable area by moving the cursor to the edge of the screen works fine in full screen mode but it also doesn't work if you take full screen mode off. At the very least this has changed from BG EE and BG2 EE. There's not much else for graphics options to play with so I'm not sure what else do at this point. Is there a fix for this coming? Or is there some configuration file I can tweak to get the behavior to match BG EE or BG2 EE?

Comments

• FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited December 2014
    They've intentionally changed it so that in windowed modes you scroll via the keyboard or, I think, holding right-click down. Edge scrolling doesn't work anymore. It was a fairly recent change so I wouldn't be surprised if only some of the 3 games have the change implemented.