Skip to content

Touch controls on Windows tablets

Hi,

Ive backed BGEE since the beginning on PC and was really interested to see how it worked on tablet however i didnt have one at the time. Ive just invested in a 2 in 1 windows 8.1 machine (primarily for work), but I understand the touch controls don't work for windows tablets? Ive searched for info but I can only find stuff from back when BGEE was released. In fact I think Phil Daigle said they'd look at it after release and it shouldnt be too difficult to implement :).

Was it more difficult than you thought? Is there any solution for me to try proper touch controls?

Comments

• Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Anyone?
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Sorry if I'm slow but have you tried it?
    it installs fine and I can use the keyboard and mouse pad no problem.... I wanted to try the touch controls as a tablet though.
    Don't have one myself so I can't really help you :(

If you don't get any good help on the forums you could always contact the beamdog support? Doubt it will be something that will be fixed down the road though since we are at the end of that road.
    yeah its a bit odd as i didnt think it would be that hard to implement...Maybe @Dee‌ can help on this matter?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    At this time no development plans have been created for adding touch controls for Windows.
    I see.. I was hoping that it would be a simple case of porting and using the same controls as on android and iOS. I guess it isn't? I can entirely understand why adding touch controls for windows wouldnt be a priority from a business perspective though as there's not probably a lot to be gained from it, save maybe an extra few sales.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Is there no way to simulate touches as mouse click at that coordinate?
    Darkcloud said:

Is there no way to simulate touches as mouse click at that coordinate?

I'm unsure but if you have a surface with/or one of those "mouse pens" then those should work. Personally I would love to play BG with a pen.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.