Skip to content

archer and +4 arrows

2»

Comments

• schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    Oh well .... now I have to run through BGEE with a new archer .... I had always heard firetooth was best. At least I'll have fun doing it. How late in the game do you get the Gesen bow?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014
    schreier said:

How late in the game do you get the Gesen bow?

The earliest you can get it is chapter 6 (so late Shadows of Amn).
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Shortbows also include Tuigan Bow, which has +APR.

To be fair Crossbows have Army Scythe as well for +APR, but that's 1 less APR still due to being a Crossbow.

I like Firetooth for most of the game though, it's pretty convenient and fairly easy to get. Not sure if they fixed the cheese with FT + unenchanted bolts to pierce both PfMW and Stoneskin?

I think either option has merit, but at least they're both probably better than Longbows :P
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    The fact that you can get the quiver of plenty right away makes the short bow viable too ... nothing worse than ammo management for basic mooks. I'm playing IWDEE right now, and gave up on the archers (even though they're incredibly powerful) just because carrying 2k+ rounds per archer was so painful.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029

I like Firetooth for most of the game though, it's pretty convenient and fairly easy to get. Not sure if they fixed the cheese with FT + unenchanted bolts to pierce both PfMW and Stoneskin?

Last I checked, which was since the last patch, it worked with the Shortbow of Gesen. It should still work for Firetooth too, since they're basically doing the same thing.

• YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    elminster said:

Yannir said:

@Abi_Dalzim Also if u decide to go the evil path, and kill everyone in Ust Natha(Soulaufein, Phaere, Ardulace and Lesser Demon Lord), u need +4 weapons for the demon.

If you are talking about the one summoned by the drow then you need +5 weapons for that demon.
    Well I did just go with the Slayer Change and kicked his balls. Easiest way since you are evil anyway.

And btw, this way doesn't include killing Adalon. U take Phaere's fake eggs and give them to Ardulace, give Phaere the real eggs but interrupt her before she gives them to the demon. Personally I figured my CHARNAME is a coward who doesn't want to go face-to-face with a silver dragon. The demon-fight is just getting unlucky.