Skip to content

The new, improved web

molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
While I hear talk about Web being nerfed, I noticed that I'm using it in IWD pretty often, whereas I almost never used it in BG. I think, this is for 3 reasons:

1. Many freely available Rings of Freedom that don't prevent Haste anymore. It's obvious how that improves Webs usefulness.
2. I find, that the 'nerfed' radius is actually a good thing, since it allows shooting at webbed stuff at the other end of the web, with less danger of getting caught in it.
3. While the other 2 are helpful mechanically, the actual main reason why I couldn't use Web in Baldurs Gate was the terrible and way too loud sound effect. When thinking about casting Web in BG, knowing how useful it could be, I always knew that I had to suffer through a minute of that horrible noise, which pretty much everytime prevented me from doing it. In IWD the sound effect is ok. How nice it would be, if it would find it's way to BG, or if at least they would adjust the volume!

Comments

• PeckerPecker Member Posts: 28
    Haha, yes, I agree with number 3 100%. The effect in BG is ridiculous and seems much more suitable for Wail of the Banshee or something like that.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    The rings make all the difference, oh so glorious it is to be immune to web!