Skip to content

Orrick spell offerings - can't purchase level 1 spells?

So I have an elf F/M (2/2) at Orricks and almost all the spells shown (including several level 1 spells) are marked in green and unavailable for sale??

In fact the only ones that are available are MM, Chaotic orb, and sleep - all of which he already knows!

Is this a bug or a feature? (I am trying to buy find familiar atm)

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I've never had any trouble buying spells from Orrick. All I can think of, is are you sure you have enough gold? Orrick doesn't refuse to sell anything for any reason that I know.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    The spells marked in green are the spells your mage can scribe in the book.
  • by_the_swordby_the_sword Member Posts: 42
    Invest in a scroll case (and every other kind of container you can buy). You can open the container while you shop and purchase items that will be placed directly into the container and not into your personal item inventory.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426

Invest in a scroll case (and every other kind of container you can buy). You can open the container while you shop and purchase items that will be placed directly into the container and not into your personal item inventory.

Old school players learned to make do without potion bags, scroll cases or gem bags.
  • AudacesAudaces Member Posts: 57

Old school players learned to make do without potion bags, scroll cases or gem bags.

Do you also keep your bolts and arrows in stacks of 20? :D
    Audaces said:

Do you also keep your bolts and arrows in stacks of 20? :D

Yes. But it was 40 in IWD1. And no pause while in inventory screen. You had to prepare before a battle. Thinking "my quiver is depleted, hold the battle, I must replenish" did not compute.

edited December 2014
    I remember those days. Lots of dead characters and reloads. The worst was fishing through your inventory for a scroll while some beastie was chewing on your mage. By the time you found the darn thing and was ready to cast the spell, your mage would be near-death or worse. Poor Aerie was traumatized from the event.

Poor Aerie was traumatized from the event.

That's an exaggeration. Pause while in inventory screen was introduced by BG2. I am talking about BG1 and IWD1.

Never played BG1 or IWD1 back in the day. Sadly.