Skip to content

Renaming old saves

_Q__Q_ Member Posts: 48
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
One thing I tend to do while playing through RPGs is to keep tons of saves so that I can easily go back and replay any part of the game I want. I try to give my saves names so that it's easier to track them down in the future, but unless I know what's coming up in the game, there's no way to come up with a good name for a particular save when I first create it.

As it stands, the only way to go back and rename a save in BG is to reload it and then overwrite it with the new name. This is pretty tedious and will now push the save to the bottom of the list, making it impossible to keep the saves in chronological order.

So, if it's not too much work, I'd really appreciate being able to rename old saves by double-clicking on the name or something along those lines.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Well, it is a bit tedious, but you can rename the save files easily by just renaming the folder in the \save\ or \mpsave\ folder. You can even switch around the order as the first part of the folder name is 000005 and such. Though I couldn't figure out the order thing myself actually, but only gave it one try while very tired.

An in-game way of doing it wouldn't hurt, but if not it is actually currently possible.