Skip to content

When is the Android version of BG2:EE going to be released?

Please forgive my impatience, but having seen the PC version out since November 15, 2013 & the IPad version out on the App Store since January 16, 2014, may I ask if the Android version is going to be on Google Play at some stage relatively soon (the IPad version's been out almost 11 months, & information has been difficult to come by at times on any news on Android BG2:EE)

What I wish to ask, is the Android version still going to be worked on (with IWD:EE on various platforms already out) & if it is not, could baldursgateii.com or someone indicate one way or another? I don't mind waiting longer, as long as there is some progress report or something, so that people know one way or another please?

BTW, I have been playing BG:EE & would love to be able to complete the saga some day, so info on any potential BG2:EE release would be much welcomed thanks

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited December 2014
    IIRC it was planned to come out after the much coveted bg2 1.13 patch. Thus, all platforms will be up and running the newest, fanciest version of the game.

When will this happen, I honestly don't know, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask. It may come off as a Christmas present, I still have faith in Santa.
  • manutd_fan_1999manutd_fan_1999 Member Posts: 34
    well, if is going to be the case, then why was the planned android beta cancelled?! I am having serious doubts if it is ever going to be released (and only will change my stance if there are definite signs that show otherwise)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It will be released when the patch is released. The cancellation of the android beta will not prevent the game itself from being released.
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    Dee said:

It will be released when the patch is released. The cancellation of the android beta will not prevent the game itself from being released.

I've sat on this news and mulled it over for a few days now and am on the fence between optimism and pessimism. On the one hand, I beta'd BG, and there were multiple glitches, especially among different devices. Based on that experience, I can't imagine a BG2 release will be without substantial, UNTESTED, across different devices issues, at a minimum. Not to mention general Android system bugs that one or two guys on your team doing the testing can't realistically flesh out.

On the other hand, I was part of IWD beta, and the bugs were minimal and rarely game stopping. Which leads me to HOPE that lessons have been learned and BG2 at launch will be in the same state as IWD on Android, with or without 1.3 patch. However, if that were the case, I can't fathom why the game hasn't been released on Android as of yet like every other platform and just wait for the 1.3 patch along with everyone else. Which leads me to wonder if BG2 is now or any time in the near future will be ready for release on Android, 1.3 or not. Why else would it have not been released already?

Damn this fence...it is narrow and pointy, and my ass hurts as I'm sitting on it.

Disclaimer: Yes, I could play on PC; in fact I just finished a game. But Android tablets obviously afford portability and allow for boredom relief almost anywhere, and there is no better way to relieve boredom than with the greatest RPG ever made.

• LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    edited December 2014
    @Dee Aren't you just a ray of sunshine this morning? Thanks very much! Hope it lives up to the expectations :-p
  • pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    A DATE!!! and its not far away oh you have made my day awesome @dee
    edited December 2014
    That's great news, for android tablet users! Soo this means 1.13 patch will come to ipad tablets soon, as well?
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited December 2014
    @lunar‌ Based on apple's history, the release of the 1.03 patch to ipad and the release of the iphone version will most likely be delayed past the 16th. Im saying that due to apple's review process taking longer than google and valve's for the past BG and IWD releases... then there was the "great delay due to a required addition of a whispy cloud fiasco of 2014" when they tried to release IWDEE on apple platforms... @Dee would probably say that belongs in the ocean along with children whailing in the streets.
    Post edited by Cr4zyJ on
    @Cr4zyJ‌ heh, I know what you mean. Well, if they can give apple the 1.13 patch on 16th, appstore can review it and make available in a week or so. That's what I was wondering. ^^
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    So this delay on iOS's update is normal? I just finished BGEE for the first time and am waiting to transfer my berserker. He's becoming a druid at level 13. BECAUSE I CAN.
    @Dragonfolk2000‌ the app store editors were in holiday period, Christmas and new years eve and all..they should be back in business now, so in a week or so they should give the thumbs up for 1.13
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited January 2015
    (My mantra has already started).
    It's going to happen Thursday!!!
    Thursday is going to be THE Day!!!!

P.S last time it worked :D
  • Blackguard_Blackguard_ Member Posts: 7
    My game keeps crashing in bg2ee after the pit fight against drow, is there any way to fix this ? I have the latest patch