Skip to content

A Cool Trick to Help with your HP Woes

Okay, so for this trick to work, you have to have your character start with 18 Constitution. That means this won't work for elves (sorry elves). It also means that dwarves don't strictly need this either (good for you dwarves). Your character also needs to be capable of utilizing shields, so that also rules out pure-class mages and sorcerers.

This trick needs two components to work: the Con-boosting Tome found in the Lighthouse Area, and Buckley's Buckler sold at the Friendly Arm Inn. The Tome boosts your Constitution to 19 permanently, and Buckley's Buckler adds 1 more point when you equip it. This brings you to 20 Constitution, which means you regen hit points!

Now, I'm not saying to wear Buckley's Buckler all the time. There are definitely better shields defense-wise, and some of you might want to utilize 2-handed weapons on your CHARNAME. But if you put it on before going to sleep, you should wake up fully refreshed! Imagine it as a stinky pillow that your character uses or something.
wubbleShikaolunarkcwiseBlackravenJuliusBorisov

Comments

• ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    edited December 2014
    Right before going to sleep, you can also cast con increasing buffs, like duhm or barbarian rage (the only ones I can think of). I don't think you get all the hps you'd get by really having the 20 of con (or more really, sky's the limit (in fact, I think 24's the limit here, for a tomed, duhmed dwarf thief with buckley's (edit : oh yea I forgot the barb. I guess 25's still the good ol limit here then))) but you definitely get more than what you'd have regenerated while awake.

aaand, that probably counts as cheating. Still useful if you want to rush something in the minimum ingame time.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    1) Make a Dwarf with 19 CON
    2) Get the Tome
    3) Get the Shield
    4) ???
    5) Profit

That's 21 CON very easily.
    wubbleShikaokcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Yeah, it's easier with Half-Orc and Dwarfs since they can start with 19 CON.
    In my current playthrough, Charname is Half-Orc and by end of SoA he should have 23 CON before any boosts XD
    kcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    plus 21 con, makes your HP bonus +6 if you are a fighter type, also kagain starts with 20 con, just give him the shield for 21 con and a +6 HP bonus, ah kagain, real definition of tank, can take a serious beating and keep on ticking
    ShikaokcwiseJuliusBorisov