Skip to content

Killing Drizzt just with Fireshield and lots of Mirror Images

Well, I am proud to discover how to kill Drizzt in BG:EE on insane difficulty in a fair fight with my solo dragon disciple. I just cast Fireshield (Red or Blue or both) and about four or five Mirror Images. Stoneskin is helpful too. Damage from Fireshield is apparently the only spell damage which goes throught magic resistance. Also Breath Weapon does some helpful MR-ignoring-damage to disturb him from casting Dispell on you.

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    See, I just kite him with boots of speed. I suspect you wouldn't consider that very sporting, but oddly enough I think Drizzt would (there's a reason he put his superspeed bracers on his feet, after all). Besides, his stats have been altered to Mary Sue levels in BG, so I have no moral qualms with cheesing him.
  • TangenteTangente Member Posts: 14
    I was looking for some legitimate way to defeat him and this is it. And it takes no effort at all. After just a few rounds it's over. No cheese, no exploits.
  • 314314 Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2014
    i think about lower his magic resistance by cleric spell. but not taste it
  • TangenteTangente Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2014
    314 said:

i think about lower his magic resistance by cleric spell. but not taste it

It works too but only with Druid because Cleric does not have access to level 5 spells in BG:EE. Interestingly with solo Druid is very easy to kill Drizzt too. You must have four nymphs via Call Woodland Beings, then cast Magic Resistance on him, then attack him and order nymphs to cast Hold Person/Hold Monster. With four nymphs you have 12 Hold spells so there is a very high probability then at least one will work. Once Drizzt is holded let nymphs cast Cause Serious Wounds then attack him and its over.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I like killing drizzt early in the game so when my rep drops I have the rest of the game to raise it back up, so I usually kill him with my low level party, waiting for fire shields and mirror images takes to long for me :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Wait, does Drizzt cast dispel magic now? Wow.
    and then he will cast charm person afterwards, I suppose they are trying to make him worth his 12 000 xp
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Or just, y'know, use a buncha throwing axes on a fully-buffed Fighter.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    sarevok57 said:

and then he will cast charm person afterwards, I suppose they are trying to make him worth his 12 000 xp

Ooh I just remembered he is a very high lvl ranger, right. Makes sense. Always thought him as a shredding machine that goes 'slash slash and more slash!' Though I am happy he does not call lightning, that would have been a bit out of character.
    lunar said:

sarevok57 said:

Ooh I just remembered he is a very high lvl ranger, right. Makes sense. Always thought him as a shredding machine that goes 'slash slash and more slash!' Though I am happy he does not call lightning, that would have been a bit out of character.
    after when they gave him spells, I was really hoping to not see call lightning, since he now started casting spells all of a sudden, but yeah, if he did cast that, oh boy, it will make the cheeeeeeeeeeese a bit more difficult, that is for sure ( or at least the cheese for taking him down at level 1 that is)

• dibdib Member Posts: 384
    You can kill him with just a short bow and a shitload of arrows.