Skip to content

Offhand Discoloration

I wanted to put this up to ask if anybody else has encountered this 'bug', assuming it is one.

So, I have a Cleric/Ranger dual-wielding Flail/Morningstars and War Hammers. In BGEE latest, there is no issue: (pic 1). I have no mods on it, clean install.

In IWDEE, there is discoloration on the weapons (pic 2). I have a few mods on it: APR on Spec, aTweaks, BG2 Tweaks, Wizard Slayer Rebalancing, and the BG2 Pickpocket Values.

In BGIIEE: there is discoloration (pic 3). No mods currently on this one: I just updated my game to the beta 1.3 through Steam.

So, has anybody else noticed this? Is it worth putting into the bugs section? Is it because of a mod?

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I've noticed this too. Its especially evident with flaming swords that you put in your offhand. Sometimes they'll turn blue or black when they are normally red when held in the main hand. I think its kind of neat actually, even if it isn't supposed to do that.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It's a known issue.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    @Jalily‌ Thanks.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It makes me think of the IME (Individual Magical Effect) mechanic that Tarol Hunt uses in the Goblins webcomic.

Uhm. Feature? ;)
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    I have noticed something similar. My single weapon using character switches weapon hand during the Gorion-Sarevok encounter in the beginning. Don't really want to mention it because the devs might correct it, and I think it is qute.

Anyhow, right hand in use when talking to Gorion and left hand in use during the Gorion-Sarevik fight. When the protagonist runs away she switches weapon hand back to right again. (I wasn't able to get a snapshot during the actual fight and thus can't provide a picture off the second switching.) It's the right hand in use again when Imoen meets up with the protagonist.

Devs, there is no need fixing this, leave it be.

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @Loremaster‌
    This is an old issue and an engine limitation. Fixing it would require creating many frames of animation from scratch, now almost impossible due to the loss of original art assets.
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Ok, then it will remain.