Skip to content

Can't add item to creature inventory with weidu

DrexxikDrexxik Member Posts: 18
Hello, I've made a tiny mod that adds a custom item to the game. Specifically it's a weapon that should appear in Greywolf's inventory. The item exists because i can summon it via console but Greywolf refuses to drop it when killed.

The code is : //Part 3 (add item to Greywolf)
COPY_EXISTING ~GREYWO.cre~ ~override/GREYWO.cre~
ADD_CRE_ITEM ~sper055.itm~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~inv5~

I can't find my error anywhere and Weidu installs the mod without any problems. As I said the item gets created but it's not where it's supposed to be.

P.S. Could it be that i just loaded a savegame not a new game? Also Weidu copies the files to override in game directory while the original override file is in documents so which one is the correct one.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Drexxik said:

Hello, I've made a tiny mod that adds a custom item to the game. Specifically it's a weapon that should appear in Greywolf's inventory. The item exists because i can summon it via console but Greywolf refuses to drop it when killed.

The code is : //Part 3 (add item to Greywolf)
    COPY_EXISTING ~GREYWO.cre~ ~override/GREYWO.cre~
    ADD_CRE_ITEM ~sper055.itm~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~inv5~

I can't find my error anywhere and Weidu installs the mod without any problems. As I said the item gets created but it's not where it's supposed to be.

P.S. Could it be that i just loaded a savegame not a new game? Also Weidu copies the files to override in game directory while the original override file is in documents so which one is the correct one.

Thanks in advance.

This is probably it.

If you are already in the area, it's not going to add it to him, only it will be created when you go to the area the first time. So you can load an earlier savegame (ie autosave from previous area) or you can

C:CreateCreature("GREYWO.cre") to create a new copy of him in whatever area.
  • DrexxikDrexxik Member Posts: 18
    Thanks! What a dumb mistake on my part.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Drexxik said:

Thanks! What a dumb mistake on my part.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

I've messed around with modding off and on for years and am still learning everytime I go back to it. You've got to start somewhere, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and all that.
  • DrexxikDrexxik Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2014
    Edit: I've finally figured out what the problem was. In the ADD_CRE_ITEM line there should only be the name of the item file without the ".itm"

Well we all learn from mistakes ^^