Skip to content

Anyone else like the original Character models more?

I've always liked BG1 character models more than bg2's, especially the fighters. I'm guessing I'm of the few that does? I wish there was a way to use the old models.

Comments

• GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    edited December 2014
    They were extremely jaggy and rather blocky from what I recall. So no thanks, they can stay back in their original version. Oh, and they had this annoying habit of constantly looking left and right. All the time.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Not a chance. I find the BG2 models far superior, I just wish they had kept he BG2 paperdolls instead of what we have now.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @Sceptenar you can have bg2 paperdolls with this mod, just use the paperdoll files and drop them to your override folder.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37669/glows-and-paperdolls-mod#latest

(Shameless self advertising is shameless)
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    bg1 had good helmets bg2 has ugly helmets
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193

They were extremely jaggy and rather blocky from what I recall. So no thanks, they can stay back in their original version. Oh, and they had this annoying habit of constantly looking left and right. All the time.

Not to mention they looked a bit hunched, and their animations had like 3 or 4 frames max. The only good thing I can concede is that they looked a little more imposing.
  • igybigyb Member Posts: 3
    ^^ Yeah to me the fighter models in bg 1 looked more like fighters because they generally looked tougher the new models look more like priests.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    The BG2 sprites are higher-rez and have more animation frames, but I definitely liked the design of the BG1 sprites better (with a few exceptions). The human warriors in full plate especially.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited December 2014
    Well, I think the main reason of the sprite change is that older models didn't have dual wield animations.
    I miss the old helmets thou :(

I also preffered the old animation for using staffs - especially for mages. They were holding them as if they were using them for support - as all old wizards should do :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Kirkor said:

Well, I think the main reason of the sprite change is that older models didn't have dual wield animations.
    I miss the old helmets thou :(

I also preffered the old animation for using staffs - especially for mages. They were holding them as if they were using them for support - as all old wizards should do :)

Well, not all wizards are old decrepit and gnarly. On the contrary most sorceresses are actually, kinda hot with revealing clothing that comes with the err, complete package.

Old animations look hunched, very stiff and unrealistic to me. Like they have chronic backpain and such. New animations are more fluid IMHO. And I have noticed the mirroring (though just barely, as Edwin would say) but was never really bothered with it.