Skip to content

How do I import character's from Black Pit's into a new campaign so I can use their gear?

FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
So I've beaten the black pits on BGEE and just completed IWDEE and there's some goodies I acquired in both games that would benefit a new character I'd like to make in BG2EE, but I don't know if I can import them into the game to use either the character or their gear? Also, I own the games from beamdog and I also purchased them on steam, but I'd like to play on my mac now that all games are accessible. I beat IWDEE on my mac using steam version, but the black pits was beamdog version. Not sure if I can make em talk to each other, or if I'll have to cheat the items?
Post edited by FalkonSwiftblade on

Comments

• VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I'm pretty sure you can, but the voice sets would be missing and certain special abilites wouldn't work.
  • FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
    OK I'm confused, some time ago I must have already attempted this because I have a saved game in bgee with some of the characters and stash I had when I did the black pits. Since I'm in the very beginning of the game this is perfect for a fresh start, but I forgot how I did this, and there's another character who has the items I need for my freshly made hero in the pits save. How do I swap gear again in main campaign?
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2014
    One way to do it (on PC anyway) is to start your game (SoA) and save it - then copy it to your MP folder - then import the characters that have the gear you want and enter the game - swap the gear to your character - then remove the extra character(s) and save the game then copy the save (with a new name) back to your regular save folder - then play.
  • FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
    ty, i think i got it.