Skip to content

Can a PC thief side with Bodhi?

So I've built an awesome NE shadowdancer and was planning on having an all evil party side with Bodhi over the Shadow Thieves (still have to get Edwin from Mae'var's), but from reading online it looks like you cant side with her whatsoever if your charname is a thief. Is this still true in BG2:EE?

If so, is there a workaround? Part of the reason for the evil run is to see the Bodhi content as it relates to a certain new npc, and it seems silly to have to change my class for it.

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    On a vanilla install of BG2:EE? Nope. But you certainly can when using certain mods, such as Rogue Rebalancing for example.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited November 2013
    @Kamigoroshi Huh. You'd think Bodhi's interest in you as, I dunno, Irenicus' target would outweigh any potential aversions to your class. She'll take an Undead Hunter but not a thief?

I heard somewhere around here that RR doesn't currently work with shadowdancers?
  • DiableristDiablerist Member Posts: 16
    Can multiclass thieves side with Bodhi?

Can multiclass thieves side with Bodhi?

I believe it's only single-class thieves that she turns down.
  • DiableristDiablerist Member Posts: 16
    Makes sense since it would lock them out of their only stronghold.

Makes sense since it would lock them out of their only stronghold.

I thought you could do Renal's quests independent of which side you choose as long as you do them in Chapter 2
    Just tested it and it looks like Rogue Rebalancing does indeed do the trick. It's nice that it's modular, so you only have to install this specific fix if you still want an otherwise-vanilla experience.
  • bernardchubernardchu Member Posts: 44

My dual-class thief was able to. It was a weird-ass move since I already had the thief stronghold and I kept having somebody turn up to collect money every 5 days even after I'd slaughtered the entire guild. =/

I guest Bioware didn't think of this possibility when they designed the game. Kinda flew pass their heads.