Skip to content

Question about Importing characters.

SeigarSeigar Member Posts: 9
Recently I have finished Baldur's Gate: EE (54 Hours according to Steam) and I want to start Baldur's Gate II right away, but I have questions about Importing my character.

1 - Does my high level have effect on the difficulty of the game at the start ? Does the game become way too easy at the start ?
2 - From the BG Wiki "Certain scripts and dialogues occur when using an imported character". Can someone give me an example ? Is it worth it ?

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    1) don't worry about that. Bg2 is designed to be a sequel of bg1, and importing the character is the natural way to go. But if you decide to create a new character, you'll start from a high level anyway (very close to the level you end bg1).

2) again don't worry. Do what you think it's best.
    I don't want to spoil you because they are minor dialogues. The only relevant thing is:
    Do you still have the golden pantaloon? If so, put them in charname inventory before exporting him.
  • SeigarSeigar Member Posts: 9
    Pibaro said:

1)Do you still have the golden pantaloon? If so, put them in charname inventory before exporting him.

Oh. I did have them at one point, but I left them somewhere in the world :D Bummer :pensive:

Thanks for the Info.