Skip to content

Nutless in Resurrection Gorge

My party has completed the Resurrection Gorge quest but is stuck in the gorge with no exit from the waterfall/tree area after killing both the demons.

I gather from another post that I should have collected a nut from the nymph in the first area but having reloaded a saved game and started the quest from scratch I can't get the nymph to talk to me.
No matter what I do, whichever dialogue options I take with Summerliegh the nymph won't talk. I've even tried to provoke her by killing one of the animals around her - nothing. Then I killed her to see if she dropped a nut (if you'll pardon the expression), but there was nothing there.

This problem worries me because at this point in the game Dorn is not threatening to leave if I don't go to the gorge, but if I ignore it will I be forced to go there later and end up stranded there because I've got no nuts?

Comments

• kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    You could probably create the Acorn of Yarrow with the console. I don't know the item code though, perhaps someone else around here does.

The other option would be to use the MoveToArea console command to get back out of the gorge once you've completed your mission there.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @kcwise Thanks but a) I'm not fluent in console and, more importantly b) I'd like to find out what I did wrong/missed so that I don't do it again.

Also, as you're the only person to have been able to offer any advice at all on this issue which has cropped up here and on other forums before (trust me, I've googled all over the place for an answer), I'm wondering if this is a bug and should be reported as such (I've got v1.3.2064).
  • salmonlordsalmonlord Member Posts: 1
    I just finished this quest today. You don't get the Acorn until after you have dealt with the demons/summoning circle. Once that is done head to where you first arrived (near the Dryad and the stream/waterfall). Walk north of that and summerleigh should appear and you get the Acorns or transorted out depending on what your previous actions were
    Thanks, I'll try that.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    edited December 2014
    dunbar said:

My party has completed the Resurrection Gorge quest but is stuck in the gorge with no exit from the waterfall/tree area after killing both the demons.

I gather from another post that I should have collected a nut from the nymph in the first area but having reloaded a saved game and started the quest from scratch I can't get the nymph to talk to me.
    No matter what I do, whichever dialogue options I take with Summerliegh the nymph won't talk. I've even tried to provoke her by killing one of the animals around her - nothing. Then I killed her to see if she dropped a nut (if you'll pardon the expression), but there was nothing there.

This problem worries me because at this point in the game Dorn is not threatening to leave if I don't go to the gorge, but if I ignore it will I be forced to go there later and end up stranded there because I've got no nuts?

Your problem is u are looking in the wrong place. Summerleigh does not give u the nuts, Yarrow does. There's a hostile halfling north of the tree that attacks you, Yarrow arrives to intercept and you either cease fighting or kill them both. Yarrow gives or drops the nuts and u can use them to travel back and forth. She drops a 100 of them if u kill her. Don't know about the other option.

Edit: Typo's...
    @Yannir Thanks, problem solved!
    As a side note, for anyone who's interested, Yarrow wouldn't give me the nuts whichever dialogue option I tried but did obligingly drop them when I killed her, which is probably the correct roleplaying route if you have Dorn in your party anyway.

As for the remaining 99 nuts? Maybe some salt and a few beers?