Skip to content

Special kit abilities should not have gaps in their level progression

HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
1. Start a new game with a Priest of Talos.
2. Open the Character Record (R). Note that the character's level is 1. Close the Character Record.
3. Pause the game.
4. Cast Storm Shield (F12 > F1).
5. Upon unpausing, measure how long the Storm Shield remains active.

*Observed*
The Storm Shield vanishes after 60 seconds, i.e. 10 rounds.

*Expected*
At character level 1, the Storm Shield should vanish after 1 round.

*Note*
The problem is that various kit abilities with level-dependent effects are missing certain steps in their level progression. The following list is relevant to both BG:EE and BG2:EE, and the whole issue should be addressed with both games in mind.

Avenger's Chain Lightning (spdr601.spl)
First received at level 11. Missing the appropriate damage for level 11.

Inquisitor's Dispel Magic (spcl231.spl)
First received at level 1. Missing the appropriate dispel level for level 1 through 5.

Priest of Talos' Storm Shield (spcl721.spl)
First received at level 1. Missing the appropriate duration for level 1 through 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, and 19.
Additionally, some of the projectile immunities have an incorrect duration at level 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20.

Priest of Talos' Lightning Bolt (spcl722.spl)
First received at level 1. Missing the appropriate range and damage for level 1 through 4.

Priest of Helm's Seeking Sword (spcl731.spl)
First received at level 1. Missing the appropriate duration for level 1 through 9.
N.B.: Cross-reference to elminster's post in the BG2 Text Error thread. If the missing durations are added, then the current description does not need altering. @elminster, would you mind adding a reference to this topic in your post?

Priest of Lathander's Hold Undead (spcl742.spl)
First received at level 1. Missing the appropriate duration for level 1 through 4.
Additionally, the first sentence of the spell description incorrectly says "for 12 or more rounds". This part needs to be removed. The affected strings are @26440 and @30221 in BG:EE and @32375 in BG2:EE.

This is an old bug that didn't get picked up. The original, though less complete report is here.

Comments

• HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    Quick reminder: It seems this report still needs to go onto the List of Known Issues. Can someone please make sure this bug is addressed?

I'm here to help in case my report is missing any details.
    Hm, another two months have passed...
    @Cerevant Could you report this, please? I really want this to get fixed.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I'm not the D&D rules expert, so I need to consult with some folks on this one when they get back from the holiday break.

Also, this is 7 different (potential) bugs with 7 different fixes. In the future, can you write bugs like this up as separate threads?

Thanks!
    Yeah, I guess I should have made separate reports for those issues, sorry. I will write them up individually and make separate topics. You can close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.