Skip to content

TriggerActivation() question

lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
edited August 2012 in General Modding
If I disable a trigger through a script, will it be saved forever until reactivated by another script action?

Will disabling a travel trigger prevent creatures with RunAwayFrom() actions to run through it? That could be a major quest breaker if the creature flees through it but you can't pursue them.

Side question about trapped proximity triggers (ground traps) : in the script used by that trigger, can you use conditions like timers and globals? Like if it's a resettable and undetectable ground trap, can I use some !GlobalTimerNotExpired() to prevent the trap triggering everytime Entered()/IsOverMe() is true?

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    If you disable a trigger, it will be a single bit change, so it will remain in the area (saved and ready for activation).
    I don't know if NPC's could still use it, if they could, it is a bug.
    Yes, you can use globaltimernotexpired in the trap's trigger block.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Thanks! Guess I'll have to check about NPC running through deactivated travel triggers
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited August 2012
    The game saves only the value of the variables (global & area) for the scripts, nothing more.

Unless there is some changes in BGEE, only the commoners and the storekeepers use RunAwayFrom().
    Post edited by Kerozevok on