Skip to content

Is there a way to change character name without hacking the game file?

I want to change a character's name, but I don't want to use EEKeeper because of several issues. Is there a way exactly?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    take your save file and put it into a multiplayer game ( take your single player game from the single player save folder and put it into the multiplayer save folder to make it a multiplayer game) then, export that character and save that character, then when you go to start up the multiplayer game I believe sometimes there is an option to make a new character right before you start ( I believe in that same screen you have to click on all the check marks for them to be ready) anyway, delete one of those characters and make a new one, now import that character you exported and im pretty sure it brings you to the customize sounds, colors and name with everything else intact, after you finish doing all that jargon, save the game with the character that has the right name, take that save game and throw it back into the single player save folder, and voila, in theory that should just work hunky dory ( PS: when swapping game files, make sure you game is off when you are doing it, I don't know if that game will refresh the save files if that game was running when you were file swapping)
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Thank you!