Skip to content

[Multi-Stronghold-Bard's Playhouse not triggering]

KraakenDazsKraakenDazs Member Posts: 14
Hoping someone more code-savvy than myself may help me out here. (Or with better google-fu, for my own techniques proved inneficient against the websearches.)

So i recently purchased BG2 EE (aaah, so much nostalgia!) off steam. Despite the few bugs its been awesome so far, but ive just run into a slight snag with the BGTweaks Multiple Stronghold feature. As im not playing a bard, im including it here, instead of in the bugs mods.

So i just save [The NPC's hide] from [That place you get from the Five Flagons] and im not receiving the deed, and as such, Samuel Thunderbump doesnt trigger when i get back to the 5Flagons. Ive tried creating the deed through the console but no avail.

Anyone knows what console code to use to trigger the questlines/Get Samuel Thunderbump to show up and acknowledge my character and/or get R-S to give me the deed?

Many, many thanks, and 17.23 brownie points to whoever can solve my problem.

Comments

• KraakenDazsKraakenDazs Member Posts: 14
    Oh and to make sure. Multi stronghold has been working so far, so thats not really it. I'm currently a thief-guild-master, stronghold ruling paladin thats also a druid grove master....so multi has been working so far.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited April 2014
    I've had my share of problems with that stronghold even when i'm playing a bard myself. The moment you talk to Haer'Dalis and his troupe there are several things that could go wrong.

You might end up with no experience gain.
    You'll get sent back to the Tavern but the quest won't be completed.
    I didn't get the stronghold for some reason.

I always quick save before i talk to them.

It could be your mod that is broken, but i've had this problem when i didn't have the multiple stronghold option able in BG2tweaks.
    jackjack
    yeah. Ive tried reloading right before talking to them a few times. Usually ends up the same every way.

RS Thanks me, HD says he'll leave to stay with me, i get 44k quest xp for everyone (or something like that), then i end up back at the Flagon.

HD then starts a convo as if i'd just dismissed him and then i can either let him go or take him back.

Its a bit frustrating, but ive got EEKeeper and my console-skills arent too rusty, i figure between the two of those there's probably some fiddling possible to get it fixed. Ive done it be fore, but i just like those darn stronghold quests so much :P

yeah. Ive tried reloading right before talking to them a few times. Usually ends up the same every way.

RS Thanks me, HD says he'll leave to stay with me, i get 44k quest xp for everyone (or something like that), then i end up back at the Flagon.

HD then starts a convo as if i'd just dismissed him and then i can either let him go or take him back.

Its a bit frustrating, but ive got EEKeeper and my console-skills arent too rusty, i figure between the two of those there's probably some fiddling possible to get it fixed. Ive done it be fore, but i just like those darn stronghold quests so much :P

Isn't it Raelis that asks you to take over the playhouse when you talk to them?
    Normally she should, and she should offer me the playhouse deed.

But instead im witness to a small convo between her and HaerDalis, before they teleport out and leave me and the blade-bard behind at the Flagons. I dont see any way out of this without using the console or EE Keeper heh.

I just reloaded an earlier save, before even entering the portal. Ive Ctrl-Y-killed my way through just to see if it changed anything, and...well, nope. Seems im not to be recgnized as a bard :(

Normally she should, and she should offer me the playhouse deed.

But instead im witness to a small convo between her and HaerDalis, before they teleport out and leave me and the blade-bard behind at the Flagons. I dont see any way out of this without using the console or EE Keeper heh.

I just reloaded an earlier save, before even entering the portal. Ive Ctrl-Y-killed my way through just to see if it changed anything, and...well, nope. Seems im not to be recgnized as a bard :(

Are you using BGTtweaks or BG2tweaks?
    jackjack
    bg2tweaks, as far as i can tell. the one from the compatible bg2ee mod listing somewhere around these boards.

Ive finally found a seemingly working console fix after another hours of google-fu!

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature ("bdbart01")

Created Samuel Thunderbump in the 5 flagons, and he starts the stronghold convo!
    Hopefully its all i needed, im including the fix if anyone ever gets the same problem. Should it fail again, ill repost. Didnt even need the deed.

Thanks a ton Sion for having taken the time to answer! Hopefully this could also work for any of your future bards :)
    SionIVjackjack
    Thank you for that CLUA command, i'll give it a try next time i've got problems with it! :)
    jackjack
    Well this was a downer... Seems the fix was short lived.

Samuel appeared, agreed on me being the owner, showed Higgold in, whom i hired. 3 days later the courrier boy tells me to return to vet the actors and actresses.....aaaaand nobody's in the flagon playhouse. its empty.

Tried to summon higgold via console (via HIGG01), i ended up summoning the same higgold that asked me to hire him, hence the plot not moving forward.

Anyone can help me out?
    jackjack
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Err... Ye're all buffle-headed.
    I've just tested it: the bug only happens if you speak to Raelis Shae with anyone other than CHARNAME, because she won't identify them as a Bard, and thus won't give them the deed - that is, she is checking the active character for the factors, and not CHARNAME - solution: keep any other characters away at a safe distance from her and only move CHARNAME forward to speak to her being, so she can identify them as a Bard.
    Now that that business is over, can I have a cookie?
    hmm reloaded an old save to try, send my troupe all the way back to the end of the level, didnt work.

BUT i think thats due to the tweak-mod that allows far away npcs to banter from further away. In any case, ive saved since then and seems there's no going back. If anyone knows how to get the playhouse to trigger the first event (the actresses decision) through console, id be much obliged, otherwise ill settle for memories and a CLUA'd Azlaer's Harp :P
  • KarakhmulKarakhmul Member Posts: 1

Well this was a downer... Seems the fix was short lived.

Samuel appeared, agreed on me being the owner, showed Higgold in, whom i hired. 3 days later the courrier boy tells me to return to vet the actors and actresses.....aaaaand nobody's in the flagon playhouse. its empty.

Tried to summon higgold via console (via HIGG01), i ended up summoning the same higgold that asked me to hire him, hence the plot not moving forward.

Anyone can help me out?

It all depends on AREA, that You are in. If for some reason, You enter Five Flagons Inn and You press ctr-x and it says that it's AR0509 (or for playhouse it is AR0510), than it means, that Playhouse global is not set.

To set it You have to write command to console :

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Playhouse","GLOBAL",1)

Than You have to reenter Five Flagons Inn from Bridge District. If playhouse global is set, area for inn should be AR0522, and if You go downstairs to theatere, playhouse area is AR0523.