Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2 starting level

I am curious.
When (and if) IWD2 EE is ever released what is the level a created character starts the game?

I am asking so as to plan to have a bunch of characters on the right level.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this.

Comments

• RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    edited January 2015
    They haven't dismissed iwd2 but from the difficulties of dealing with 3rd edition and the IWD2 engine, I think it would be more beneficial for them to start work on BG3 which is something not only the community here wants, but every BG fan that never got the sequel they wanted.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    I agree that IWD2 is a much tougher project, and it seems that we are going to get Baldur's Gate 1.5 next regardless. GOG has a fully-functional verison of IWD2 for sale, and the graphic options now support higher resolutions as well, so the game looks pretty damn good.
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Hmm.. Is that version better than what you can get on torrents (Bought original twice, lost one and other one scratched to hell)
    Latest playthrough, where I actually continued past chapter 2, lol. Keeps crashing before fighting the party for the paladin sword (forgot name)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Unless the Devs have said otherwise, I don't suspect that the change in rules sets will be as big a challenge as people are making it out. It's the engine itself that needs tweaking. I suspect that the rules are merely changing modifiers etc, or at least simple (relatively speaking) rules WITHIN the engine. I could be wrong on that.

In any event, I've enjoyed the EE projects thus far and look forward to whatever is next.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

Unless the Devs have said otherwise,

They have said otherwise actually. Same goes for Planescape Torment.