Skip to content

is it possible to make a minotaur playable character?

as I asked in the title is it, and if it is, would it be extremely difficult?

I ask as I have no idea how to begin adding new races, let alone paperdolls and animations, after some forethought today, I decided I should ask, as I have managed to install weidu, but what other things would I need to do this, and would it be something I could do, as someone who has never even installed through weidu, let alone been able to really understand the underlying mechanics of the game, beyond the 2e rules I know from my childhood.......

I only ask as in 3.5 I play as a Chaotic Good Minotaur who is a Wild Mage.

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    It would be an awful of work, if it's even possible. The game has been around for over 20 years now and to my knowledge no one has ever added any new races to it, so I don't think it is. If you don't know very much about modding yet, I'd suggest you forget about it. You'd have to create all new animations and a ton of other things as well.
  • There is a minotaur animation, so you can try that with EE keeper. You may be limited in using axes.

Creating a brand new race that you can pick on character creation is not possible I think.
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70
    ok was just curious, favorite race and all that jazz, in bg2EE there are minotaurs, whether they have the proper race files is unknown to me at this point, just have to check I suppose, thank you fboth for the feedback.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70
    okies, I found the anims yes, but they don't have a unique race, in addition to the problem stated by @subtledoctor, they use Ogre as the base race for them, soooo, probably never gonna happen, although I could probably setup a unique summon for my Elf >:) hells yeah an Elf Wild Mage, Summoning Minotaurs, how fun would that be? >:D

but i'm getting ahead of myself... best to start slow in my case, any suggestions for a decent skill building challenge, like making my own item for My Elf Mage?
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    changed my klioiokl wioth a save ediotior tio mionio ionce,.

Hiowever iots very kliomioted,. Dioesnt shiow armiour,.,.,.,.,.,.nakled axe weioklders FTW!