Skip to content

Imported character in BGEE1 does not gain experience points. All other characters do.

I exported my character in my first run-through of BGEE1, so it is a BG1 Character. I started a new game and imported my character but the character does not gain any experience points. I am a dual class character; level 7 fighter at 85,000 points and a level 8 Druid at 85,000 points. All the other characters gain exp points.

Would anyone know why that is? Also, I am using my iPad 2 to play the game and I exported my character using my iPad 2.

Comments

• CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    Hmm try creating another bg1 character and import that? I dunno....
  • MestarMestar Member Posts: 78
    XP cap in Baldurs Gate is 161,000. It won't go any higher unless you play it in the Black Pits.
  • Soluna26Soluna26 Member Posts: 4
    Ok, but I only have 85,000 exp. points. So clearly I am well beneath the exp. cap.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited January 2015
    Soluna26 said:

Ok, but I only have 85,000 exp. points. So clearly I am well beneath the exp. cap.

No, your total xp has already hit the cap. You should take account of all of the xp total of your dual-classes. Yu can try a xp cap remover mod, though. Or go play bg2 it is even a better game!
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    You are not a dual class, you are a multiclass. It's different.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    edited January 2015
    Pibaro said:

You are not a dual class, you are a multiclass. It's different.

Well technically it was possible had she dualled at exactly 80,500 exp points ;)
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    No, it's not possible. :P
    Even if you dual at exactly 80.500 as a fighter, after you click on "dual" your fighter xp will be set to 64.000.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Pibaro said:

No, it's not possible. :P
    Even if you dual at exactly 80.500 as a fighter, after you click on "dual" your fighter xp will be set to 64.000.

You're right. I didn't think about that.