Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Wand of Fire should not disappear until all charges of both types are used

simAlitysimAlity Member Posts: 64
edited January 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Wands of Fire have two abilities. One is the Scorcher and the other the fireball. What I have found is that if a Wand of Fire comes with 12 charges that means that I have 12 scorchers and 12 fireballs. Its not an either/or thing. Its a both. I can use three fireballs and still have 12 scorch charges left. But once I run out of fireballs that's it, the wand disappears, regardless of whether or not I have used up the scorch charges.

I'm not sure which way this bug is going. Perhaps it IS supposed to be an either/or thing. Perhaps once I use the wand twelve times, the wand supposed to disappear. In which case the bug is that scorches and fireballs are counted separately. But if that is not the case, then the wand should not disappear until all charges of BOTH times have been used.

Steps to reproduce this bug:
1) Acquire Wand of Fire with at least two charges
2) Use one scorch charge to confirm that the different charges are counted separately.
3) Use all fireball charges

Expected results:
The wand remains until all charges are used.

Actual results:
The wand remains will disappear once fireball charges are used up.

(I have not tested to see if this happens the other way around).
Post edited by Cerevant on

Comments

• simAlitysimAlity Member Posts: 64
    bump?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I'm in the process of writing up all the outstanding bugs for this forum. Some issues (like this one) require that I confirm the intended behavior before I write up a ticket. Unfortunately, a lot of folks are still out on holiday break.

We'll get to them all, I promise! :smile:
  • simAlitysimAlity Member Posts: 64
    Just making sure it hadn't fallen between the cracks. :-)
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    This one is working as intended, and is consistent with Vanilla BG. So use your charges wisely!
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    simAlity said:

Wands of Fire have two abilities. One is the Scorcher and the other the fireball. What I have found is that if a Wand of Fire comes with 12 charges that means that I have 12 scorchers and 12 fireballs. Its not an either/or thing. Its a both. I can use three fireballs and still have 12 scorch charges left. But once I run out of fireballs that's it, the wand disappears, regardless of whether or not I have used up the scorch charges.

I'm not sure which way this bug is going. Perhaps it IS supposed to be an either/or thing. Perhaps once I use the wand twelve times, the wand supposed to disappear. In which case the bug is that scorches and fireballs are counted separately. But if that is not the case, then the wand should not disappear until all charges of BOTH times have been used.

Steps to reproduce this bug:
    1) Acquire Wand of Fire with at least two charges
    2) Use one scorch charge to confirm that the different charges are counted separately.
    3) Use all fireball charges

Expected results:
    The wand remains until all charges are used.

Actual results:
    The wand remains will disappear once fireball charges are used up.

(I have not tested to see if this happens the other way around).

Post this in Feature section.
This discussion has been closed.