Skip to content

Is there a timer for Haer'Dalis quest?

In my latest playthrough, I've decided to give Haer'Dalis a try. I've rescued him from Mekrath, and it's very near the start of the game so my party is very low level.

Haer'Dalis said that we should go to the playhouse to hand over the gem. I tried doing this and the upshot is that Haer'Dalis gets sucked into the Planar Prison portal, removing him from my party.

The problem is that I'm nowhere near ready to face the Planar Prison yet - it's a full difficulty SCS run with minimal reloads. I'm also not allowing myself to prepare for fights (e.g. no traps or prebuffing) to up the difficulty another notch.

I realise I could just leave him in the prison for a while until I have levelled up, but I don't really want to play with just 5 people for a long time.

I've got a save just before I went to the playhouse. My question is whether Haer'Dalis will leave the party if I don't go and hand in the gem within a certain time?

Comments

• karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    For anyone wondering, the answer seems to be that there is no time limit. Haer'Dalis complained for a few days, but nothing after that.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    karnor00 said:

For anyone wondering, the answer seems to be that there is no time limit. Haer'Dalis complained for a few days, but nothing after that.

Interesting!
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Fits nicely with his overall fatalist attitude.