Skip to content

Fatigue, Ranged Weapons on Paper Doll, and Time Spent with Party

PumpernickelPumpernickel Member Posts: 55
I've encountered three items that may or may not be bugs. I don't want to post them in the "Bugs" section unless they are really are bugs. Input appreciated. They are:

1. In the manual, in reference to fatigue, it says that a "character can operate at peak efficiency for 24 hours game time (2 hours real time)". I don't know about playing for two hours straight without resting, but I'm wondering if travel time is supposed to count into the afore mentioned 24 hours game time. In may game I can travel back and forth between two locations, racking up over a hundred hours in travel time, and my party never suffers from fatigue. Is traveling supposed to move your characters towards being fatigued?

2. When I equip a ranged weapon on a character in the inventory screen (such as a sling or bow) the weapon will not show up on the paper doll unless I have ammo for said weapon also equipped. Is this intended?

3. In order to have access to the character arbitration screen I play my game in multiplayer even though it's just me. I've noticed that in the "Information" tab for my characters, the time they've been with the party is reset to zero every time I load a game. Is this a bug?

Comments

• baldurskjdbaldurskjd Member Posts: 67
    1. I believe that 24 hour refers to a char with average constitution. If you are maxing constitution then your characters rarely get fatigued.

2. That is how it has always been as far back as I can remember.

3. This refers to the players that join your multiplayer game.
  • PumpernickelPumpernickel Member Posts: 55
    @baldurskjd‌

1. My characters do have 18 constitution, but like I said: over a hundred hours of travel time and no fatigue (went back and forth 50 times at 8 hrs travel time a piece; that's actually 400 hrs travel time without fatigue). Just wondering if the game is supposed to put travel hours towards fatigue, because apparently it does not.

2. Thanks

3. I'm loading the game with the same two characters I started it with every time. So the "time spent with party" should not be reset to 0 for both of them every time, should it?
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    @Pumpernickel‌ The game only checks for natural fatigue every few moments. After travelling for let's say 24 hours, wait a minute on a map without travellin again, and your characters will start to suffer from fatigue.
    @Gotural‌
    I tried as you suggested. I even allowed my party to just stand in one spot as several game days went by. I can't seem to induce fatigue in any way. Am I still doing something wrong or is the game not functioning as intended?
    edited January 2015
    Some fatigue finally set in after waiting another day's game time. Not sure what the details are or how the system works. But I guess it working. Thanks.

PS Do your characters' energy stores start full and refreshed every time you load a game or do their efforts add up to fatigue even over multiple saves and loads?
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    From what I know, the characters have a stamina which depends of their Constitution. The higher your Constitution, the longer you can go on without being tired.
    Your actions have no impact on fatigue, only the time spend since your last rest.
    When your character's stamina is depleted, he will start to suffer from fatigue after or a few seconds or a few minutes.
    This means that if you travel from Nashkel to Baldur's Gate in Baldur's Gate 1, when the travel ends, your characters won't be instantly tired, dispite the fact they have been travelling for more than a day.
    But if you stay in Baldur's Gate a few moments, they will all start to suffer from fatigue.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I have noticed that characters with high Con scores take an enormously long time to become fatigued. I can't comment on the specific numbers, but it's definitely more than a couple days.