Skip to content

Kidnapping of Boo finale crash

JatopianJatopian Member Posts: 12
I'm having an issue with Unfinished Business's Kidnapping of Boo quest. I answer all 3 riddles in the "best" way (3rd answer being something like 'you have poise, any or no gem would work'), and the mage girl does a spell animation or two and then the game crashes so hard I can't even bring up the error dialog box.

Ideally I'd appreciate help making the game not crash when it gets to this point, but I'd also settle for instructions shadowkeepering/consoling/whatnot the special ability onto Minsc and a rundown of the items I should be getting.

Installed mods, in order:
Unfinished Business
Almateria's Restoration Project
BPSeries AI Scripts
this xp cap remover http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26198/experience-cap-remover-and-new-high-level-ability-pools-for-f-m-c-and-f-m-t

Forum won't let me attach a crash log (what's with that?) but I'll Dropbox it or something if it would be useful.

Comments

• JatopianJatopian Member Posts: 12
    OK, it finally worked for whatever reason, so since no one helped me I will record the answer for posterity.

No matter what, the party receives 1000 gold from the Cowled Enforcers who teleport in, and Minsc gets Boo back. Also raises Minsc's STR to19 (up 1 from before the quest), which is not mentioned in the text box for some reason.

Completing the riddle game optimally yields 20000 exp and the special ability Boolets for Minsc. This can be added by EE Keeper, but remember to also increase the Memorization max for "Innate".

Getting the first two correct but answering the jewel one in a "wrong" way (i.e. not Laeral's Tear or "poise etc.") yields 16000 exp and a Jade Hound statue (charge item, summons an Astral Hound once/day), which might be more useful if you plan to ditch Minsc. If editing in, remember to change the "quantity/charges" field to 1.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    @Jatopian‌

I've experienced the same bug, the game crashes when I answer the last question with "every gem looks good on you" and I think it's possible that it's tied to that gem bag you get as a result.
    If I tell her that Laeral's Tear, then the game doesn't crash and you get exactly what you said (but Cowled enforcers actually grant you a magic licence if you don't have it, if you do, you get that 1000 gold)
  • VreejackVreejack Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2015
    So the work-around is to avoid getting the gem bag and NOT answer "any gem"? It's not like anyone needs another gem bag at this point in the game. Pity about the bug, but I didn't even realize there were multiple resolutions to this quest. I will have to keep Minsc now just to see what the boolets are for. Another bug is that you are stuck with "Boo's scraps" and you have to use Keeper to get rid of them.