Skip to content

The New Pathfinding

Does the new pathfinding fix work as great as the report said it would. I have been unable to play BG2 in quite some time, and I will still be unable to play it for a few more weeks.

Comments

• AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    I find that NPCs get stuck on other persons/narrow passages quite often. This has already happened at least ten times in CC. Don't recall that being such a problem before latest patch.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2015
    Astafas said:

I find that NPCs get stuck on other persons/narrow passages quite often. This has already happened at least ten times in CC. Don't recall that being such a problem before latest patch.

Instead they used to get blocked by another person, decide to go the opposite way to get around them, stop in for tea and biscuits at a local shop, maybe take in some fine dining, and eventually get to where they were supposed to go. Assuming of course they didn't run into a wall on the way.

Its better now than what it used to be like, though as Flashburn mentioned in the case of characters that are moving faster than other characters there are still some issues. Also if you have AI active sometimes characters will bunch up during fights (preventing others from reaching opponents).
    wubblejackjackJuliusBorisov
  • MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    edited January 2015
    It's better but not perfect. It's probably because of the boots of speed or whatever but be careful of the death trap in Spellhold because one of you party member may decide that it is a good idea to walk into it.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    I'd agree with the other posts - it's still not perfect but it's much much better than it used to be.

I used to have to continually babysit the party to prevent someone going the wrong way. Now they normally get it right and only occasionally do I have to correct them.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Better is better than not better. Thank you, guys. That is all I need to know :)
    wubblejackjackGreenWarlockJuliusBorisov