Skip to content

#15996 - Beast Master's Animal Summoning I should last 3 turns

HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
edited August 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
1. Start a new game with a Beast Master.
2. C:SetCurrentXP(161000).
3. Level up to level 8.
4. Open the priest spell book and add Animal Summoning I to the list of memorized spells.
5. Rest.
6. Cast Animal Summoning I.

Observed: The summoned animals are unsummoned after 200 seconds.

Expected: The animals should be unsummoned after 180 seconds (3 turns), as per the spell's description.

From the description of the Beast Master's Animal Summoning I spell (SPRA304.spl): "Duration: 3 turns".
The priest version of the spell (SPPR402.spl) uses the same description and it has the correct duration of 180 seconds.

The same bug also exists in BG2:EE v1.3.
Post edited by Hurricane on

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I got more like 190 seconds. The spell is configured correctly, and is the same for both instances of Animal summoning. Any attempt to fix this would affect core game timing (risk) without an effect observable to most players. Not an issue.
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    @Cerevant Sorry to intervene, but I think you misunderstood. I didn't report this because I'm concerned about the core game timing. You are right about the fact that a duration of "200" translates to an actual duration of a little less than 200 seconds in the game, but that is true for any spell and it was not the point of my bug report. My point was that the Beast Master's spell should last as long as the priest spell. The two spells, SPRA304.spl and SPPR402.spl, are not configured identically. The duration of SPRA304.spl is 20 seconds longer than the duration of SPPR402.spl:

You can experience this difference in the game. I've prepared a save.

1. Load the attached save.
    2. Pause the game.
    3. Let the Beast Master and Jaheira cast Animal Summoning I simultaneously.
    4. Unpause.

Observed: Jaheira's animals are unsummoned first. The Beast Master's animals are unsummoned 20 seconds later.
    Expected: Both spells should have the same duration.

Sorry if that wasn't clear from my initial report.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    You report was fine - I thought I checked the durations and they were both 180, but I must have been looking at the wrong resource. I'll write this up when I get a chance.