Skip to content

Steam Users please note

Tomato9999Tomato9999 Member Posts: 30
edited January 2015 in BGII:EE Mods
move your game out of steam, for many reasons, into something like this C:\Games\BGEE2 if you want to play with mods.

some mods will work with steam, but many wouldnt. Or there may be mechanics glitches you may not notice are actually there if you keep it in steam if you decide to keep it in steam because steam likes to "update" stuff.

ive been told to do this by a few helpful individuals and it has resolved all my mod issues

Comments

• InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    /facapalm.jpg/

That is simply NOT true. I have BG:EE and BG2EE both on steam, modded to the wazoo. No problems with mods whatsoever.

I have also Skyrim on steam. With like 150 mods installed, working perfectly.

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited February 2015

move your game out of steam, for many reasons, into something like this C:\Games\BGEE2 if you want to play with mods.

some mods will work with steam, but many wouldnt. Or there may be mechanics glitches you may not notice are actually there if you keep it in steam if you decide to keep it in steam because steam likes to "update" stuff.

ive been told to do this by a few helpful individuals and it has resolved all my mod issues

It has nothing to do with Steam, it's all about the Program Files folders that most people put their Steam folder into. The security features of those folders are known to cause some problems with mods, though not all the time. In order to avoid any possible issues, it's advised to keep those games that make use of mods outside of the Program Files folders in order to avoid any possible conflicts.