Skip to content

Thank you Beamdog.

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
So I've been a bit vocal in the past about the BGee series when it came to what i saw as flaws, so this is why i think it's time for me to be just as vocal when it comes to something that have been a 100% success in my opinion.

Thank you very much for Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition.

I would like to mention that this is a perfect upgrade in every single way, that kept what was good in a game and improved on the things that weren't up to standard, i love every single improvement you have made and it runs amazingly. I love how you kept the game as close to the original as possible, and focused on things like graphic and gameplay. I also adore how easy it is to install, back in the days i had to install IWD first, then HoW and last but not least Trials of the Luremaster. Now all i have to do is one click of a button, walk away and then when I'm back i can play a game that has always been close to my heart.

I've completed IWDee once and now i'm on my second playthrough. I cannot find a single flaw in this game compared to the original, and the bugs? Almost none existing in my playthrough, which is an achievement in itself for a brand new game.

I was always on edge when it came to the BGee series and kept comparing the games to the originals, but my faith has been restored in Beamdog with IWDee and i'm not going to throw the original copies another glance unless it's for nostalgia, IWDee is here to stay.

Thank you Beamdog.

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited February 2015
    At the start i was a bit skeptical when it came to adding kits to IWD, but I'm really living myself into my party now and haven't ever put this much focus on roleplay in IWD before.

Undead Hunter
    Priest of Lathander
    Priest of Lathander
    Rogue (Scout)

Completing the Vale was so intense and fun with a party like this, and the roleplay options are endless when you take into consideration the enemies you face (In my case all the undead).
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Well said!