Skip to content

Spells of BG2 in BGEE ?

KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
The spells of level 3 4 5 from BG2 are imported in BGEE or there are only the spells of BG1 ? Anyone know ?...

Comments

• NalimNalim Member Posts: 19
    Afaik all the character classes, kits, spells etc from BG II: ToB are included - which means the spells should be useable, too. However, since you most likely can't find or buy scrolls from this, only the sorceror would profit from this.
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    They are adding weapons so i don`t see a reason for them not to add scrolls etc.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Sorcerers, clerics, and druids, specifically.

I think it's more that the "rarer" spells will be rarer than the "canon" spells. Judging by how common Identify scrolls are, I wouldn't envy the task of putting scrolls for all the new spells in multiple locations throughout the Sword Coast.
  • beerflavourbeerflavour Member Posts: 117
    Hm. Spell sequesters are an interesting option. But what about that one spells from BG1 that was removed but which I still find occasionally? Wraith form or such?
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    Classes and kits, ok, but it's written nowhere that the spells, weapons or scrolls from BG2 are imported in BG1.
    Aosaw said:

(...) I wouldn't envy the task of putting scrolls for all the new spells in multiple locations throughout the Sword Coast.

Just need to edit some files... (2DA & STO).
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Right, but you also have to keep track of where and how many of them you're putting out there. I'm not saying it's a difficult process, but it's a process nevertheless. I wouldn't want to be in charge of figuring out where to put Cloudkill, for instance.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Vanilla BG1 has a Cloudkill scroll. It's in Davaeorn's library, iirc.
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    A scroll of cloudkill is near Nashkel as well, easy to find with Tab- highlighting. :D
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited August 2012
    ...And yet another Cloudkill scroll on the body of the douche mage in the Firewine Ruins.

Yeah, I liked @beerflavour 's point about Wraith Form. Interestingly, if you pick up Xan while he's Level 6 he'll have it (which is genius, it's a perfect spell for him), and I got one off that insanely overpowered Ogre Mage once (the one that is tied to the female mage with the jar at the Firewine Bridge).