Skip to content

Do elves still get bow/sword bonuses in IWDEE?

Do elves still get bow/sword bonuses in IWDEE? Which types of bows and swords does this cover?

Also - do halflings get sling bonuses and bonuses to other thrown weapons (e.g. darts, throwing daggers)?

Does the elf sleep resistance work?

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Elves get a bonus to longbow and longswords.

Halflings get a bonus to slings only.

Yes the sleep resistance works on elves.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Thanks! In BGEE I think elves got a bonus to short sword too, unless they've now changed that?
    edited February 2015

Thanks! In BGEE I think elves got a bonus to short sword too, unless they've now changed that?

You are correct, In BGEE and IWD it says : Gets a bonus with bows, short swords and long swords. Seems like my memory failed me there :smile:
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    SionIV said:

You are correct, In BGEE and IWD it says : Gets a bonus with bows, short swords and long swords. Seems like my memory failed me there :smile:
    Thanks! BTW would it be better to give a thief a longsword or a shortsword i.e. without giving away too many details, are there any magic swords of one of these types that would be better for a back-stabby thief?

SionIV said:

Thanks! BTW would it be better to give a thief a longsword or a shortsword i.e. without giving away too many details, are there any magic swords of one of these types that would be better for a back-stabby thief?
    For backstabbing you'll want a long sword or quarter staff for the higher damage. There are very many good long swords in the game, good short swords aren't as easy to find. But you should be able to get enough proficiency points to get both long swords and short swords.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

SionIV said:

I'd check but at one point the elf sword bonus applied to all swords.

I'd recommend katana and long sword.
  • TommyKnox777TommyKnox777 Member Posts: 22
    Would an elf fighter with grandmastery in longsword have the best possible Thac0?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

Would an elf fighter with grandmastery in longsword have the best possible Thac0?

Very unlikely. Clerics and mages can buff themselves to become such juggernauts of destruction in IWD that anyone with only a pointy stick looks relatively harmless.

THAC0 is not an important concern in IWD though as enemy AC doesn't seem to get particularly low which is another reason that dual classes characters are so powerful.