Skip to content

Shimmering Sash with Blur effect removed

First time posting - don't know if this should be in the mod section. Seems a little grandiose to call it a mod.

Unzip sash.itm into the override folder and enjoy your character without the psychedelic mushroom simulation effect.

Comments

• MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    Excellent. I was looking for exactly this a couple of weeks ago. Thanks!
    @bglogin seems like I'm having a bit of a problem unzipping the file:

! C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00798\sash.7z: Unknown method in sash.itm
    ! C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00798\sash.7z: Error - operation failed

Could you please attach the already unzipped version? The 7z file you attached unzips to a 0 bytes file.
  • bgloginbglogin Member Posts: 5
    It's unzipping fine for me using 7-zip... try this (saved as .zip with 7-zip). Doesn't look like the site allows me to upload the unzipped .itm file.
    edited February 2015
    It works perfectly, thanks. My mistake was assuming WinRar would unzip it. I was wrong :smile:

Edit: @bglogin : can I ask you to do something similar for the Cloak of Displacement? I tried looking on the net but could not find much. I believe the principles are the same, but I am not able to do it myself. The item code is CLCK03.
    Post edited by Moradin on
  • ESVESV Member Posts: 4
    I've been searching for this, but all I can find is dead links. They all seem to have expired rather quickly too. Would you mind re-upping the file? Or maybe someone can explain to a total DLTCEP noob how it's done?
  • ESVESV Member Posts: 4
    Nvm, I just realized the file was only unavailable to me before because I did not yet have an account here. My thanks to bglogin.
  • FidsonFidson Member Posts: 1
    Help. I just downloaded this and overwrote the sash.itm file in non EE IWD installation and game now crashes when loading save game with Shimmering Sash equipped.

Since I had a sash.itm in my Override directory aleady, is it possible I ran into a conflict with a mod I had installed?
  • ParasolsyndicateParasolsyndicate Member Posts: 54
    Just out of curiosity, is there a way to get the good only restriction removed? Maybe with another override?
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    You need only remove some of the "unusable by" flags with NearInfinity or DLTCEP.
  • ParasolsyndicateParasolsyndicate Member Posts: 54
    Thanks for that.

The issue is now that I'm on a Mac, and with no experience with either of those.
    But- I expect that can be rectified.