Skip to content

Replaying BG:EE and BG:EE2 with a character, that has completed BG:EE2 earlier

Hello!

I'm not sure what is the right discussion area for this, but here we go.

I'm the kind of a guy, that likes to grind my characters and perhaps the duration of the games is too short for me to grind enough. So i often like playing BG:EE2 just to import character from an older save (BG:EE2) to just start the BG:EE2 again. But i am not sure how well it would work to import character from BG:EE2 to BG:EE? I have used the BG2 Tweak Pack on both games, but i'm still not sure how well the game would work to start the original game again with a character from the sequel. For example, how does the original game handle spells and high level abilities from the sequel? And is there some other stuff that simply would not work when trying to replay like this?

Thank you!

Comments

• YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Is there not a level cap in BG:EE that would prevent that from being fruitful? Might be able to go BG2:EE for a second round to make it worth. I am not exactly sure what the experience caps are in the two games.
  • Maick90Maick90 Member Posts: 52
    I have used the BG2 tweak pack on both games, and it should remove the level cap.
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/
    Which is funny, because its name implies it's for BG2 only, but the description on that page says, that it should work on the first BG also.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I don't think HLAs are in BGEE so they wouldn't work. Otherwise it should be fine if incredibly easy and boring.
  • Maick90Maick90 Member Posts: 52
    Thanks! I'll try and see what happens.
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    Possibly some items may be missing or different in BG1 too, so if you are importing kit check that it has worked.

It does sound boring playing a level 20 odd character through BG1 though. Even Sarevok, Aec and Karoug would be easy.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I've done this before and found it about as challenging as shooting fish in a barrel, but I do find it useful occasionally for a quick run through in order to try out something drastically new before I invest time in a proper game.