Skip to content

Who to take in an arcane magic-focused group?

So I've decided to give myself a challenge and play through with a group of arcane casters (most of my games are played with a combination of fighters and thieves and very minimal magic).

Charname is a Dragon Disciple and I'm trying to plan who to take with me on my adventures. I want to stick with a party of 4 (but could be persuaded!). My thoughts were:

Charname
Aerie
Jan
Neera

Any tips or suggestions?

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Sounds good. If you want to make a it a bit easier, make charname a F/M.
    MusignyJuliusBorisov
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited February 2015
    Noobacca said:

So I've decided to give myself a challenge and play through with a group of arcane casters (most of my games are played with a combination of fighters and thieves and very minimal magic).

Charname is a Dragon Disciple and I'm trying to plan who to take with me on my adventures. I want to stick with a party of 4 (but could be persuaded!). My thoughts were:

Charname
    Aerie
    Jan
    Neera

Any tips or suggestions?

6 man party

Charname
    Aerie
    Jan
    Nalia -> Imoen
    Neera
    Haer'Dalis

Would be a fun party to play with from a roleplay point of view and dialogues. If you're going for a 6 man party this would be what i would pick. For a 5 man party i would remove Nalia/Imoen.

4 man utility party

Charname
    Aerie
    Haer'dalis
    Jan

This in my opinion would be the most fun party to play. You have cleric spells with Aerie, you'll have thieving skills with Jan and Haer'dalis will be able to pickpocket for you and identify things with lore. Haer'dalis will also be your main tank and very decent in melee if you want to turn him into a tank. All of them require mage spells to be able to function, but they also bring much more to your party.

4 man pure mage party

Charname
    Aerie
    Neera
    Edwin

You can use level 2 knock spell to open containers and detect traps to find traps. Your mage spells will be able to make you take the traps head on with minimal to no damage taken.
    JuliusBorisov
  • NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
    Thanks @FinneousPJ and @SionIV for the advice!

I was under the impression that Neera and Edwin refuse to be in the same party together... Either way, I'm thinking of dropping Neera for Edwin. I thought that her quest line might provide some nice mage gear for everyone but it doesn't seem like it will.

Thanks for the suggestions though!
    FinneousPJSionIVJuliusBorisov