Skip to content

Looking for Help, with the Keldorn Romance Mod by Berlinde

I am playing on Steam, and have not had any troubles with the Mod, until I get to the conversation about the Resort City vacation.

The conversation crashes the game. In that I cannot prompt the conversation to end. I read some where, that someone had a similar issue, and all they did was advance the LT Variable to the next level and it fixed it.

I have almost no experience modding, so I would be incredibly grateful for any help someone could give me.. I have downloaded EE Keeper. I was able to load the saved game I want to modify in it.. and now.. I am stuck.

I cannot find anything that says LT Variable.. I know that its conversation 11 that is crashing, so I need to skip ahead to LT 12. Its a timed talk I believe from what I was looking at when I was trying to look through the mods coding itself.

Please help!

Thank you for looking!

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I don't know the name of the variable so I might not be of much help, but I think it's name would probably be something like "keldorn_LT" or "keldorn_lovetalk". I would need to to check on my computer later today to give you any more substantial help or information.
  • missescallamissescalla Member Posts: 17
    i think I have it figured out. I noticed in the variable list there was one that was KelLdornBk (ish) that was where the conversation dialogue is located to. I then noticed that it said.. IF global variable is... 24

mine was 21 in EEKeeper, and so I changed it to 24 and it WORKED!

So, I have deduced that I needed to locate that dialogue title in the game.. and not count on it being 11 proceeding to 12.

It must seem pretty basic, but when I got it work last night. It was like had won a grand prize.. I was so excited just for figuring it out.

that being said.. I will be back. I am sure. I want to try a mod play through, that lets me keep Yoshimo next time, and adds quests.. I suspect it will much harder then the romance mod to install. *G*

Everyone has been so kind, and helpful here.

Thank you so much.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I'm happy you got it to work.
    Faints... After ALL my hard work with all that crazy EEKeeper stuff.. how did I not realize.. there was no Throne of Bhaal continuation?

I just finished the entire Shadows of Amn portion, expecting to follow through into TOB.. and..there is nothing.. I have been searching for Berlindes Romance Mod, but thus far.. haven't found anything about TOB

*weeps*

If only Anomens Romance was as well written..

If anyone knows anything else about this Mod, and if a Throne of Bhaal section was released for it.. please please please let me know. I feel like I have read an entire novel, loved the character's and someone stole the last two chapters..
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    This seems so wrong. Leaving his wife for to dongood is one thing.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited December 2014
    Hey there, @missescalla‌, there is a Throne of Bhaal continuation, it's only released in public beta though & I've had problems trying to track down the download link recently. The only place it seemed to accessible was via the Petals & Thorns girl gamers community but that also seems to be offline, let me see what I can do.

@Darkcloud‌

he doesn't leave his wife, the only way the romance starts is if you allow them to reconcile, then she leaves him.

EDIT: yeah, seems like the P&T forums are now closed, I'll go through my bookmarks or pop the zip in a Dropbox for you.

DOUBLE EDIT: yeah, sorry, I found link I sent to a forum member a while back, that page is down too, I 'll have to upload the file to Dropbox for you.
    Post edited by BaldursCat on
    Hey there, actually Jastey, over at Gibberlings iii got the go ahead from Berlinde to modify the romance to actually run without tweaking on BGII EE both SOA and TOB.. I am in my third play through of it right now.. and have had no troubles at all! By far my favourite romance mod!
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    What about Gavin?
    Forgive me BelgarathMTH but Gavin who?
    For anyone who wants the Keldorn Romance mod for EE SOA and TOB here is a link to the page the link is hosted. at least I am trying to post one.

Page with download zip on it