Skip to content

Timers on Minsc and Kivan?

This seems sort of odd... you run into both Kivan and Minsc early but unless your super diligent not to wander much, it would seem to difficult to keep both of them based on their timers? If I go to the bandit camp first I can't seem to make it to the gnoll stronghold on time and vice versa. Maybe I shouldn' t have done the Nashkel mines first? Maybe I rested too often?
Is that a normal situation or did I do something wrong in my questing order?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I think once minsc joins your team you have about 10 days to find dynaheir, and with kivan, depending on what chapter you recruited him is how much time you have, I think if you find kivan in chapter 1, you have 3 weeks to get to the bandit camp, if you get him in chapter 2, you have 2 weeks, and if you get him in chapter 3, you have one week ( although im not 100% sure on those times, I do know that the earlier you get him the more time you have to get to the bandit camp)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It's 20 days if recruited in Chapter 1, 14 days if in Chapter 2, and 7 days if in Chapter 3.
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    I had no idea Kivan had a timer. I've never heard him gripe about our party not progressing fast enough.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

I had no idea Kivan had a timer. I've never heard him gripe about our party not progressing fast enough.

in the original bg1 if you have the right banters with him when you are recruiting him, then it seems that his timer would never start, but they fixed that in bgee