Skip to content

dual class restrictions

Can you only dual class into things that exist in multi class? (F/m c/t and so on)

I thought a blade kit from the bard class would be cool to dual into a fighter. I maxed strength and such but couldn't dual class

(No I'm not level one, its a new guy in bg2)

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Sadly, due to engine restrictions, you can only dual-class into valid multiclass combinations. This is really annoying for several reasons, and it prevents a lot of cool combinations, such as the bard->fighter dual you mention (although personally, I'd be more inclined to do fighter->bard).
    BlackravenJuliusBorisovRAM021
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Aye, it'd be great to do combinations like inquisitor->assassin or berserker-shapeshifter. Alas...
    JuliusBorisov
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

(No I'm not level one, its a new guy in bg2)

You can't dual a level one character, you have to be at least level two.

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Grum said:

Aye, it'd be great to do combinations like inquisitor->assassin or berserker-shapeshifter. Alas...

I read in another thread something about being able to dual Fallen Paladins in Vanilla BG1. Back when Imoen was a conjurer!
    Blackraven
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

...thats why I stated that I am NOT level one as I knew that wasn't the problem preventing my dual class

Oh sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were trying to dual a brand new character right away.

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    DreadKhan said:

Grum said:

I read in another thread something about being able to dual Fallen Paladins in Vanilla BG1. Back when Imoen was a conjurer!
    The only thing better than that would be if fallen paladins had a quest like where they either found redemption or became a blackguard.
    RAM021