Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Permanent Spell Failure Status

MethodManMethodMan Member Posts: 5
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I am currently playing the game with a Kensai/Mage. Early in the game I had no issues, however inexplicably near the end of chapter one my character received "spell failure" status for no apparent reason. When I attempt to use a spell it mentions a dead zone. I have un-equipped every item in my inventory and exported my character to a new game. The new character has the same status transferred over.....

I suppose that my character has been bugged or something, and I will now have to restart my game due to this bug!!??
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• MethodManMethodMan Member Posts: 5
    Here is what my character looks like. Any help is much appreciated as I would rather not play than restart my game at this point :(
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    I see an icon for some effect on your character, displayed on the lower-left of the character portrait. Can you check your Character Record (R key), between your class and your proficiencies, and say what effect that is?
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Have you exported this character from the Black Pits 2? That would explain the spell failure icon I am seeing.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Upload your saved game if it wasn't a character from Pits. Then we can figure out the origin of the dead zone effect.
    Yes he originated in the black pits, is this the issue? If so why?
    Yes he originated in the black pits, is this the issue? If so why?
    Maybe... When I imported he was only lvl 9 or 10 from black pits. I had to lvl him the mage levels. In fact I didnt dual class him until I imported him :(
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited November 2013
    No, they meant the Black Pits 2.
    Where, as soon as you get imprisoned in Denneton's pits, you receive a spell casting failure.
    You probably exported your char at that point.
    To fix it is easy: EEkeeper.
    If you don't know how to do it, you can simply upload here your char/saved game and I'll do it for you ;)
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
  • AlexandrettaAlexandretta Member Posts: 13
    So just to be sure,

As soon as you start a game in the Black Pits 2, your char won't be able to cast spell in SoA ?

I've started a game with 6 champs around level 30 (xp from the Pits 2), and only 5 have the spell casting failure, i guess it's because they tolerate the main characater (the one the NPCs name during smalltalk ^^) to be PLed during the Pits
  • AlexandrettaAlexandretta Member Posts: 13
    After further checking, It seems that ALL the champs even the main char should have the curse, so my archer is just bugged and does not have it
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    Black Pits 2 characters are not meant to be used in the main game (Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal).
  • Zack0347Zack0347 Member Posts: 1
    Sooooo I've been playing BG2 EE on my iPad. I found a bug/trick.

To avoid the Spell Failure Status When Exporting a Black Pits Character to SOA

After lvling your character to what you want it to be, and you have all the skills/spells etc.
    Go back to the bunks and rest.
    Once finished resting, check your characters stats - there shouldn't be any spell failure statuses on your character.
    Immediately export your character to one of the save files.
    Then start a new game in SOA and import your chosen character.

**NOTE** Do NOT leave the room with the bunks because that is was initiates the Spell Failure Status.