Skip to content

what is the level cap for baldurs gate 2 ?

2»

Comments

• MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Honestly I cannot remember what I did during my first playthrough back in 1999. I know I played with a paladin. I probably missed a lot of things but all in all this is good, just another opportunity to play again and discover new things.
  • AlanLFC5xAlanLFC5x Member Posts: 39
    Musigny said:

Honestly I cannot remember what I did during my first playthrough back in 1999. I know I played with a paladin. I probably missed a lot of things but all in all this is good, just another opportunity to play again and discover new things.

yeah for sure :)
    ok so i reached my level cap today, why dose it say next level at 250,000 when the cap is 161,000...
    strange ? i would of thought they would let you round it to level 9 at least :)
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited February 2015
    This is really the next level even though the XP cannot increase anymore.
    In BG2 this is different. Originally (SoA) the cap was set at slightly less than 3M xp (a mage wasn't able to learn a lvl 9 spell, he had to cast it from scroll). With ToB the cap was set at 8M xp (removing the SoA cap). This is still the case in the EE version. If you want to unlock this limit, you can install the "Change Experience Point Cap" component from the BG2 tweak pack.
    Musigny said:

This is really the next level even though the XP cannot increase anymore.
    In BG2 this is different. Originally (SoA) the cap was set at slightly less than 3M xp (a mage wasn't able to learn a lvl 9 spell, he had to cast it from scroll). With ToB the cap was set at 8M xp (removing the SoA cap). This is still the case in the EE version. If you want to unlock this limit, you can install the "Change Experience Point Cap" component from the BG2 tweak pack.

yeah i noticed today when i started bg2 i started out as level 9...may of been level 10 ? :)
    level 8 is highest on bg 1, as you already know obviously :)