Skip to content

Kagain infinite conversation loop

2»

Comments

• comatorycomatory Member Posts: 30
    same thing in OS X version. I dropped Kagain in favor of Rasaad. Everytime I come to Nashkel, Kagain spams the hell out of me. Thinking of killing him or sty.
  • OmnievulOmnievul Member Posts: 4
    Still no fix for this? It is so very annoying, I am actually contemplating killing him. I got ambushed by assassins in Nashkel and during the fight, in the middle of everyone, lo and behold a naked Kagain spamming me.
  • deathsfeetdeathsfeet Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2014
    Work arounds: Kagain automatically follows the closest member of your party, this will change if another party member gets closer than the one he's currently following.

1. If you want to get violent about it, he does not appear to turn angry when attacked. Drag him somewhere along the map where you don't go very often. Beat him till near dead, swap to fists only, then knock him out. Takes a bit cause he's got decent defense. This is the only method I haven't fully tested. I killed him once with a summoned skeleton (since he doesn't talk to my summoned creatures, just my party members). And another time I beat him with the skelly, then switched to fists and punched him a couple times but I got frustrated because he restarts the conversation way too quickly. But if you can't afford or don't have the ability for other methods, perhaps this may buy you time to escape and allow you to leave him somewhere secluded so you don't bump into him accidentally.

2. Cast Silence. Like the spell says, it stops any vocal casting or talking abilities. Using this spell with Kagain in the AoE causes him to stop dead in his tracks unable to talk, and unwilling to follow you.

3. Cast Command Sleep on him (hold or other spells fine, but they are subject to his resistance and may fail). It won't last long, but using the same method above of dragging him somewhere secluded will put him out of commission long enough to escape him.

4. Like the two above methods, get him somewhere you don't go often. Use just one character, either a mage with invisibility spell, or any character with invisibility potion. Once you have him where you want, go invisible. As long as no other members of your party are near, he'll just stay put if he can't see you.

Any of those methods you may want to make a point of marking his position on the map if you ever want to use him some time down the road.

5. This one isn't the greatest, cause it's hard to determine where exactly you will outrun him. But you can get him lured to one character (Rasaad is excellent for this, but I don't use him in many games, other characters work, but they're slow unless you use potions). Get this character to drag him to a part of the map you don't use often, then just keep on running forwards until he gets out of your zone of vision. He'll stop following once you're out of sight. In Beregost, I'd suggest you take him to the north-east corner (above Gerard Travenhurst's place), good spot to abandon him out of sight. Fast travel usually puts you at the north or south end of the road through the town, but not that area for spawning your party into the map.
    Post edited by deathsfeet on
  • toastx86toastx86 Member Posts: 1
    I am having this issue as well, it is super annoying.