Skip to content

New portrait for Neera

2»

Comments

• StevevdlStevevdl Member Posts: 73
    NaturalBornKieler said Her right eye is round and human, her left eye is narrowed, crooked and elven. Or something like that, don't know how to express it better.

Well she is a half elf
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448

From the zoom in the big picture there is a lot of detail on her facial features, yet her hair is not as defined in fact it is blurry, why is that? I can kinda understand why her back hair would be blurry but not her bangs.

When making the portraits, you basically have two choices: add qui te a bit of blur before downsizing to 210 x 330 px, or add (a little less) blur afterwards. I have used both techniques. When it comes to hair (who is normally more blurry than a face to start with, considering we're talking about thousands of small hairs), I now prefer to add it to the larger picture (as I do with most blur effects). Also, if you look at the actual ingame file, you'll see that there is in fact a difference in detail between her bangs and the rest of her hair.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I'm no artist, and I don't want to make amateurish comments about specific works by those who have far more artistic talent than I do.

However, one fixed thing we do know about Neera's appearance, because it's mentioned several times in in-game dialogues, is that her hair is pink. An alternative Neera portrait which maintains this feature is a legitimate exercise, but any portrait in which the hair colour definitely isn't any shade of pink would simply not be a portrait of Neera. Thus what @Astafas and @SmilingSword have done is plausible for Neera, but @Nixxi's original offering does not qualify as Neera (although @Astafas's modification of it restores the essential pinkishness).
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited February 2015

I'm no artist, and I don't want to make amateurish comments about specific works by those who have far more artistic talent than I do.

However, one fixed thing we do know about Neera's appearance, because it's mentioned several times in in-game dialogues, is that her hair is pink. An alternative Neera portrait which maintains this feature is a legitimate exercise, but any portrait in which the hair colour definitely isn't any shade of pink would simply not be a portrait of Neera. Thus what @Astafas and @SmilingSword have done is plausible for Neera, but @Nixxi's original offering does not qualify as Neera (although @Astafas's modification of it restores the essential pinkishness).

Just to make this clear I did not paint the pictures im using, I just cropped and resized them. I don't even know who the original artists are, but whomever they are, they are freaking amazing XD
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited June 2022
    these are the pics I use,cant take the hamster face.

Gimme a shout if you guys and gals want the other sizes.

Thanks! This is glorious. Her default portrait is.. meh.

Edit: Ah, had to tinker with it a bit (create M and S versions out of yours), but it shows up in game now :)